Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just discovered this part of the forum, fantastic to see how much effort future owners put in to find out where their Tesla is :)

I have ordered a refreshed Model S, have anyone found out when we can expect deliveries of them in Europe?

Best regards

Hans, Sweden

I was today assigned a vin, found by VIN Finder. I have a delivery window between 29 november - 13 december in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Could my car be on the Nabucco? If I enter my VIN on the Hoegh site, is says "not found".

Interestingly I found that the Nabucco is a brand new ship has just left the shipyard. It's also registrered in Sweden. And it was going to be used to ship Tesla cars. So my last post sounds more likely!
NABUCCO estimated arrival in Zeebrugge is the 29th. Then I would guess that it takes around 7-10 days until it's ready for delivery in Gothenburg. Could very well be NABUCCO. That's the vessel I'm guessing that my MY is on as well, perhaps we'll get the same delivery date over in Mölndal :)

Reactions: Lov1
@Mr Miserable it seems like Lake Fuxian is again unreachable, given that its last position was near the coast of Spain, is it normal for a vessel to switch off their transponder where navigating the Mediterranean or Atlantic Ocean?

Thanks
She's fine. I've just checked and she's out of range of terrestrial receivers at the moment but satellite is receiving her AIS signal OK.
The signal is VHF and so line-of-sight only. The idea is that the information transmitted is for nearby shipping, primarily as an aid to reducing collisions.

Last edited:
Hi,

I only have access to ground tracking but I thought that being this near the cost she would be in range.

But yeah, you are probably right.

Thanks
She's currently here, location is 8 mins old.

Attachments

• fuxian.png
    fuxian.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: petterware
She's fine. I've just checked and she's out of range of terrestrial receivers at the moment but satellite is receiving her AIS signal OK.
The signal is VHF and so line-of-sight only. The idea is that the information transmitted is for nearby shipping, primarily as an aide to reducing collisions.
Thanks for the info!

I understand that shipping the cars to a centralized area in Belgium is more efficient, but man if she only stopped in the port of Malaga (Spain) I could get my Tesla this weekend! 😵

Hi! I just discovered this part of the forum, fantastic to see how much effort future owners put in to find out where their Tesla is :)

I have ordered a refreshed Model S, have anyone found out when we can expect deliveries of them in Europe?

Best regards

Hans, Sweden
Welcome.
I have no news on how Model S will reach Europe now that the Tilburg reassembly site has closed. They were previously sent in a container (3 cars per container) by road to Oakland, then by rail (9/10 days) to Houston, then by container ship (9 days) to Rotterdam and then to Tilburg for reassembly. (They were imported to EU as parts for tax reasons).
I don't expect them to be shipped like that again.
I would guess they will be moved by road to the East coast (Baltimore, Philadelphia or Newark) and shipped on a RoRo to EU, probably Zeebrugge.
Keep the thread informed of your anticipated delivery date so we can identify the possible ships.

Thanks for the info!

I understand that shipping the cars to a centralized area in Belgium is more efficient, but man if she only stopped in the port of Malaga (Spain) I could get my Tesla this weekend! 😵
With the greatest respect, you only ordered on 14 Oct and you are going to get delivery on 23 Nov! Moreover, you actually know where your car is! Luxury! Back in the old days, when all this were green fields .......

Status
Not open for further replies.