Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Helios Ray has crashed :( 😂

2021-11-10_17h00_37.jpg
😂

We don't much input from those in Spain/Portugal to this thread however I've seen pictures of Teslas being moved by road to Spain in the past. Personally I would guess that Tesla would use a feeder vessel to get the cars to Santander (UECC.com for details)
If you find out do let me know! :)
Hi,

My Tesla rep says that we will know more once the car gets on the truck, so I guess they will ship it by road directly from Zeebrugge to Seville.

Let's hope it is loaded in the truck sooner than later!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Sounds like GRAND DAHLIA is your ship.
Congrats and well done on this thread Mr M - fantastic work and an interesting read

M3LR ordered 7/10, VIN found in source yesterday, text received today from Tesla saying arrival date is being calculated. Spoke to SA who said that he 'woke up' the car and can see that it is still in Shanghai waiting to be loaded and should be available for delivery 1st or 2nd week of December.

Be interested to hear if others had received similar update/info as I thought VINs were allocated once the ship had departed Shanghai? Also some of the info provided is contradictory to what others have experienced.
I have similar (-1 day) dates for VIN & text and yesterday used the magic link to schedule collection from Southampton on the 10th December, 9th to 11th we’re shown as available at the time. does that fit with likely arrival of GRAND DAHLIA too?

I have similar (-1 day) dates for VIN & text and yesterday used the magic link to schedule collection from Southampton on the 10th December, 9th to 11th we’re shown as available at the time. does that fit with likely arrival of GRAND DAHLIA too?
The ship is due to arrive on 10 Dec and so if you were offered the 9th ....

Reactions: Vifik
I got my vin 2 weeks ago so I'm pretty sure it's on the NABUCCO, due in for end of November, so delivery early December (confirmed by tesla rep) but I still don't have a text.
Rep said I should be receiving one soon.

It's very odd that you've only just got the vin AND a text immediately AND it's actually still in shanghai.

That should put deliveries weeks later?

I got my vin 2 weeks ago so I'm pretty sure it's on the NABUCCO, due in for end of November, so delivery early December (confirmed by tesla rep) but I still don't have a text.
Rep said I should be receiving one soon.

It's very odd that you've only just got the vin AND a text immediately AND it's actually still in shanghai.

That should put deliveries weeks later?
NABUCCO here too! No text either so I’m not sure where she’ll be when we receive them

Maybe slighly off-topic, but does anyone know in general how quickly the cars are being offloaded and transported from Zeebrugge? Like to southtern Sweden (Gothenburg) in my case?
About 5-6days. My car is going to arrive att zeebrugge november 18 and be in Malmö november 23-24 then ready for pickup about november 26 but i have Still not got a text to schedule pickup Time...

Reactions: petterware
HELIOS RAY is preparing to depart Ashdod. She has updated her AIS to show that her destination is, as expected, Southampton but with an ETA of 22 Nov. So that will be quite a slow voyage.

VIKING OCEAN completed her canal transit a few hours ago and is heading to Southampton at just over 14 kts.
It very much looks like her ETA of 20 Nov is correct. Another slow voyage.

Over in Shanghai BROOKLANDS has departed to Singapore - she is definitely on the watch list.

I'm still not clear from these updates as to what is the reasonable amount of time between ship docking and collection being scheduled. For a home collection on the 3rd of December, it could be either Helios, Viking or Nabucco (i think). But how much time do Tesla need to register, move and prepare the vehicle from docking?

As we have 4 boats in the vicinity this tune has been floating round my head this morning ;) :

I see there is some weather in the Med today - a large front between Sicily and Sardinia with thunderstorms (looking at the lightning map) and what looks to be a fairly deep low pressure system centred on the Ballearics (again with some lightning).

HELIOS RAY and VIKING OCEAN appear to reluctant to enter that area at 18knots and maybe looking to nip under the southern edges and are moving slower than normal to miss the system? Mr M can likely give a good rundown on Vehicle Carrier's tolerance for weather.

If weather is your thing, here is a good place to go for europe (use the pop up menu on the right to look at various layers of info):

Useful layers I find are: Visible Satellite (in the day time obviously), IR and Rainfall (IR works on clouds at night) and Lightning - oh and its updated every 15 mins I think and you can click on x2 on the bottom left and play a sequence from the last couple of hours iirc

Last edited:
As we have 4 boats in the vicinity this tune has been floating round my head this morning ;) :

I see there is some weather in the Med today - a large front between Sicily and Sardinia with thunderstorms (looking at the lightning map) and what looks to be a fairly deep low pressure system centred on the Ballearics (again with some lightning).

HELIOS RAY and VIKING OCEAN appear to reluctant to enter that area at 18knots and maybe looking to nip under the southern edges and are moving slower than normal to miss the system? Mr M can likely give a good rundown on Vehicle Carrier's tolerance for weather.

If weather is your thing, here is a good place to go for europe (use the pop up menu on the right to look at various layers of info):

I also notice both HELIOS RAY and VIKING OCEAN have updated their ETA's to within 3hrs of each other on 20th Nov, or at least that was the case when I last looked 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.