Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking a fair few cars get handed over with their shipping docs still attached/inside somewhere?

If that's the case with mine I'll certainly report back here as it may help with the "last mile" mysteries and timings....might be useful if others do the same...

I note that VESPERTINE has departed Zeebrugge enroute to Dublin where she will arrive on Saturday.
Cars that arrived in Zeebrugge on LAKE FUXIAN could be onboard.
Anybody in Ireland got a delivery booked next week?
Thanks Mr M!

Unfortunately not that I have heard.... I have been told that next vessel arriving into Ireland is 8th December if thats any help -possibly via Zeebrugge on Hyperion Ray or Nabucco?

Just been told by my TA that my car is on the Horizon Leader.
For info I received my VIN on Tuesday and my 'calculating delivery text' yesterday.
Thanks for posting this.
HORIZON LEADER is currently refuelling off Singapore.
I reckon she should arrive around 2 Dec into Southampton however I'll be able to refine that estimate once she finishes refuelling and heads off to Suez.

An arrival on a Wednesday doesn't fit with the Zeebrugge - Dublin schedule or Zeebrugge - Cork.

Yes it is bit unusual, I had a look and couldn't find any scheduled services arriving in Dublin/Cork on a Tuesday from Zeebrugge either - however they did tell another fellow Irish person in Q3 that arrival was a Tuesday (28/09) too.... maybe they are still going by road from SOU-HLY-DUB, despite telling us they come from ZEE 🤔

1636657976531.png

What is happening to Altair Leader it seems stuck in south sea of Piræus for a days… will it reach Zeebrügge at 18/11 im getting worried :)
Port congestion is the problem. It may affect HOEGH KOBE too as she is heading to Piraeus.
The problem is that ports have traditionally run like swiss watches - efficiently on pre-planned schedules however the increase in container traffic and a shortage of dock personnel due to COVID have combined to create huge delays (we're talking 2-3 weeks in some cases) at some ports. These delays have a knock-on effect at other ports and soon it became a global problem. It's going to take a long time to get back to normal and although some ports are doing better than others one week, a week later it's all gone for a ball of chalk again. The issue is primarily with container ships and at ports that don't have dedicated RoRo piers, RoRo's get affected too. It is literally first come first served. Some shipping companies don't like that and threaten to take their business elsewhere unless the port allows them to jump the queue. It's pretty much bluff and bluster as their alternative port will have the same issues too however there is big money at stake here.
As far as ALTAIR LEADER is concerned I don't think she has many Teslas onboard. She certainly appears to have 2 for Denmark and 1 for France onboard though!
Zeebrugge used to be run pretty much on schedule but again planning beyond 2 days ahead nowadays seems pointless. They certainly appear have given up trying to keep their arrivals board up to date - it's a disaster area and offers little added value.

Am I right in thinking a fair few cars get handed over with their shipping docs still attached/inside somewhere?

If that's the case with mine I'll certainly report back here as it may help with the "last mile" mysteries and timings....might be useful if others do the same...
The Tesla PDI does not have a particularly good reputation but if you find shipping docs in your car it's a pretty good indicator that the PDI has been even less than the usual cursory glance. If you find your car is still in 'transport mode' (in big red letters on the screen) you can put big money that nobody has even looked at it! Having said that, it's pretty unlikely because surely somebody will have collected the keys from it.

Reactions: Washout
Status
Not open for further replies.