Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tax Credit Denied. [because its not been available for years on a model 3]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been discussed at length here, so I apologize and please dont drag me...
However I just met with our accountant to file our 2021 taxes, and I was anxiously awaiting our $7,500 tax credit from the purchase of my 2022 M3LR back in December.

Turns out I'm being told my vehicle is no longer eligible due to the amount of vehicles already sold by Tesla.
However it was mentioned that if a EV offers "new technology" that it could qualify? I immediatey thought of the new heated water pump on my 2022.

Who knows at this point, might simply be out the $7,500 write off.
Everyone experiencing the same or have any input?

Tesla hasnt had a 7500 tax credit since 2018, the phase out began when they the hit the 200,000 cars sold mark.... a long time ago. sorry, but don't know how you thought it was still available. and a heat water pump isnt bringing it back, nor is anything else unless they pass new federal incentive programs

Reactions: rpiotro
Tesla hasnt had a 7500 tax credit since 2018, the phase out began when they the hit the 200,000 cars sold mark.... a long time ago. sorry, but don't know how you thought it was still available. and a heat water pump isnt bringing it back, nor is anything else unless they pass new federal incentive prog

I bought my SR+ in April of 19 and I got the $7,500 credit..

(moderator note)

I edited this thread title a bit, and am locking this thread, because a model 3 has not been eligble for a 7500 tax credit since december of 2018, and any tax credit since 2019. There isnt any "denial" here, as tesla has not been eligible for any tax credits for at least a couple of years, so there isnt anything to discuss further in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.