Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model 3 Powertrain Issue (DIR_a149)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently own a 2021 Tesla Model 3 with 28k miles. Over the past 4 months, I have had this powertrain issue (DIR_a149) come up on three separate occasions. The message on the car states "Powertrain requires service" and "Speed limited to 70 mph" but the speed restriction goes down all the way to 55 mph. I have been on the highway when this happens and the car is unreliable and poses a safety issue. In the first two service appointments, they said they replaced the oil pump but the issue is still there. Each time I speak to the service center, they barely know what they are talking about and just repeat the same script. This car is not drivable and is a safety issue not only for myself but also for other drivers. Any suggestions on what to do next? Call Tesla Corporate? Inform the insurance company? Speak to NHTSA? Try to Lemon the car? (might not be an option in the state of NJ).

Perhaps information in this thread (found by searching TMC for the error message you mention) give give you something to talk to the service center about?

Upvote 0