Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus trunk alignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question:

Anyone out there know why my back trunk does not align correctly on the left hand side...? It seems it could be the rear trunk struts.. the left side has a circular casing and the right does not. Does anyone know which is correct...? thanks!!

Quick question:

Anyone out there know why my back trunk does not align correctly on the left hand side...? It seems it could be the rear trunk struts.. the left side has a circular casing and the right does not. Does anyone know which is correct...? thanks!!
Are you still under warranty with Tesla? if so I recommend just booking a Mobile Service appointment in the app.

Are you still under warranty with Tesla? if so I recommend just booking a Mobile Service appointment in the app.
This is not covered by Tesla's warranty.
Yesterday, we had to pay for the labor on my wife's 2021 M3 LR. The service advisor stated that it was "wear and tear" item. The trunk became misaligned and started to rub the exterior paint (chip our paint, see blue line on the diagram). They charged us for labor but zero for the part used to re-align the trunk.

1659610821615.png

I feel this is not equitable nor fair and we did look up to see if that was covered and it was not. So, Tesla considers the trunk and possibly the doors as wear and tear item. I guess, Tesla can get away with it since people (like us) keep buying their cars and they take away normal warranties and perks.

Be aware of what's covered and not. If time permits, I will research whether this is fair business practice and/or violate any federal/local or falls under some tort action then report back to the group.