Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my January 2021 delivered Tesla Model Y Long Range FSD up for sale. Midnight greay with black interior. Standard Gemini OEM rims and tires. Optional garage door opener installed by Tesla. Has Tesla towing hitch from factory. Heated seats and steering wheel too! Premium sound system. AWD. I have a lien through my local bank in Oak Creek, WI. All funds will be held by them for 10 business days to weed out any scammers. 14k miles. No accidents. Perfect condition! Why have to WAIT till April of next year if you order from Tesla now...you can have it in about 2 weeks. $67000

Specs
Full Self-Driving Capability
Autopilot
All Black Premium Interior
Midnight Silver Metallic (PMNG)
Premium Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Five Seat Interior
Supercharger Network Access + Pay-as-you-go

“All funds will be held by them for 10 business days to weed out any scammers.”

Sketch.

Who holds certified funds for 10 days? If I gave you a bank check I would expect the car and the title on the spot.
Unfortunately this is a common practice by most banks, some will do it even if its a wire transfer. As an example, Chase has a ten day wait post funds received, but is reduced to 2 days if the funds are coming from an internal Chase account.

Reactions: chammerbeck
“All funds will be held by them for 10 business days to weed out any scammers.”

Sketch.

Who holds certified funds for 10 days? If I gave you a bank check I would expect the car and the title on the spot.
How's it sketch?!?! Too much scamming going on out there to risk that amount of money. Do a little "googling" on these scams. Either way my bank has the actual title, I do not. They are the ones that will hold the funds....I know this as I use them for all my vehicles I buy.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide
How's it sketch?!?! Too much scamming going on out there to risk that amount of money. Do a little "googling" on these scams.
If you don’t understand why it is sketchy then you must not know what certified funds are.

If someone gives you a certified check or cash, that is the end of the transaction. You intend to hold the buyers’ property for 10 days after that? Good luck with your sale.

If you don’t understand why it is sketchy then you must not know what certified funds are.

If someone gives you a certified check or cash, that is the end of the transaction. You intend to hold the buyers’ property for 10 days after that? Good luck with your sale.
Not that I disagree with you, but I've been on both sides of this debacle. As an example, I received a certified check for my 2014 Model S, which I sold to an out of state buyer. Chase, would not release the lien until 10 business days after the check was deposited. I gave the buyer the car while the funds cleared and sent the title to him once received (you can call a bank with the account # and ask if the funds are available).
As recent as a few months ago, I received a bank draft for my X and Bank of America still made me wait seven business days before they would release the title. Keep in mind that a bank draft is guaranteed by the issuing bank, so I was a bit annoyed when they delayed the title issuance.

I do. And the issuing bank can validate the check immediately. So maybe the better option is to perform the transfer at the bank.

It’s your sale though. Do what you want. As a buyer, I would never agree to those terms.
Assuming the buyer agrees to the fund clearing terms... how long will they then have to wait for the title? If the title is another two to three week wait, the buyer will not have a registered car for 3 to 4 weeks.

I can't speak to how long a bank would take to release title, but when I sold my model 3 this year (title in hand), the buyer sent me a picture of his cashier's check shortly before we met, I called his bank, provided the check number, and had them verbally verify to me that it was a legitimate check. I then met the buyer at my bank where I deposited the check and signed over the title.

Unfortunately not every bank will verify their cashier's checks to non-customers over the phone, and my bank told me that they too are not always able to verify the legitimacy of a check from another bank. There may not be a standardized system or database for this.

I can understand where seller would be hesitant to sell a car on the spot if a cashier's check cannot be verified, but as a buyer, I would never consider buying a car private sale unless I took possession of the car at the time certified funds were handed over. As long as you have copies of IDs and bill of sale, title can be mailed to the buyer once the bank clears it.

Reactions: glide