Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 TESLA MODEL Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The destination title and taxes should not be included because whoever buys it will need to transport it, title and pay tax on it.

Agree there is some value in the ceramic coating, but bear in mind that paying $1600 includes paint correction which won’t look same as new the car has been parked outside. I park my cars inside and my ceramic coatings don’t look like new either. Car washing leads to some abrasion over time. That’s why no one pays money for the previous owners detailing effort.

What would be valuable is PPF if you had that done.

Like I said, it would only make sense for a local buyer so you dont have to pay $2K in fees and taxes and it does have PPF.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The destination title and taxes should not be included because whoever buys it will need to transport it, title and pay tax on it.

Agree there is some value in the ceramic coating, but bear in mind that paying $1600 includes paint correction which won’t look same as new the car has been parked outside. I park my cars inside and my ceramic coatings don’t look like new either. Car washing leads to some abrasion over time. That’s why no one pays money for the previous owners detailing effort.

What would be valuable is PPF if you had that done.

Tesla’s $1200 destination fee has nothing to do with transporting the damn car. If I find a new car from Tesla in inventory and I pay 1000 for them to send it to Ohio, guess what... I’m still paying that $1200 fee. That $1200 fee should be included in their price period, the fact that it still isn’t is misleading, and the fact that buyers like you still don’t understand what that fee is... is proof.

by the way, your actual taxes and state nuances aren’t included in that $1200. Additionally in a private party sale, doc fees paid to the bmv or title work is minimal.

do your research before thread crapping

• Love
Tesla’s $1200 destination fee has nothing to do with transporting the damn car. If I find a new car from Tesla in inventory and I pay 1000 for them to send it to Ohio, guess what... I’m still paying that $1200 fee. That $1200 fee should be included in their price period, the fact that it still isn’t is misleading, and the fact that buyers like you still don’t understand what that fee is... is proof.

by the way, your actual taxes and state nuances aren’t included in that $1200. Additionally in a private party sale, doc fees paid to the bmv or title work is minimal.

Exactly :cool:

• Funny

Okay I wasn't aware that the $1200 wasn't included in the price. It seems Tesla is doing what ice brands do there.

Nonetheless your comment is picking a nit and missing the big picture.

It's interesting to see how many people still quote new Tesla prices without including the $1,200 destination fee.

Base price + option prices (if any) + destination charge = full MSRP or sticker price. It's been that way on cars for ages.

Shiny

4F366A6D-A700-45D1-AF8B-3C03B44B8CA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 8751EB30-77F3-4521-8DBD-D93D321403A8.jpeg
    8751EB30-77F3-4521-8DBD-D93D321403A8.jpeg
    566.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: MODEL+