Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does make a difference if somebody has a 2021 on order and is trying to get a winter set of wheels ready. I have been looking for the information but was going to call the local SC parts department to find out.

I spoke to my local sales rep last week and he indicated that their service department was not informed of any changes in the TPMS for model 3 as I am in the same situation as you that I will need winter tires as soon as my model 3 gets delivered (late Nov/early Dec).

I also just checked the Tesla online parts catalog and only 2 TPMS sensors are listed (one black stem and one silver stem) that both list operation at 433 MHz. So I assume there is no change to the TPMS for refreshed 2021 model 3 assuming the online parts catalog is up to date.

I spoke to my local sales rep last week and he indicated that their service department was not informed of any changes in the TPMS for model 3 as I am in the same situation as you that I will need winter tires as soon as my model 3 gets delivered (late Nov/early Dec).

I also just checked the Tesla online parts catalog and only 2 TPMS sensors are listed (one black stem and one silver stem) that both list operation at 433 MHz. So I assume there is no change to the TPMS for refreshed 2021 model 3 assuming the online parts catalog is up to date.

^^^This is very helpful. Thank you for participating in the spirit intended...

Does it make any real difference? Telsa has changed the TPMS radio at least once before this...

^^^This is not. Why the need to post replies like this??

Last weekend, my friend and I got the same aftermarket winter tire/wheel/tpms sets. My friend did not have any errors on his 2020 M3 while my 2021 M3 has the TPMS error messages since changed.

I've asked my installer if he has any other solutions. If not, my only option might be purchasing TPMS sensors from Tesla and get them installed again...

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 316
Last weekend, my friend and I got the same aftermarket winter tire/wheel/tpms sets. My friend did not have any errors on his 2020 M3 while my 2021 M3 has the TPMS error messages since changed.

I've asked my installer if he has any other solutions. If not, my only option might be purchasing TPMS sensors from Tesla and get them installed again...

So, no backward compatibility confirmed? That really sucks since I’m in the same boat. Is the error message on your face all the time, or is it something we could live with for the winter season?

So, no backward compatibility confirmed? That really sucks since I’m in the same boat. Is the error message on your face all the time, or is it something we could live with for the winter season?

I dont have the answer to whether the TPMS sensor is bluetooth, but i have had to get loaner tires for my model 3 from roadside service due to flat tires from hitting potholes.

The loaner tires dont have TPMS on them, so you get a TPMS error. The error stays on the screen, but you can drag closed so its just a round circle. You swipe it closed from right to left like you would on a tablet. It doesnt remove it, but the error would go down to the size of the caution circle in the above screenshot, and be in the location where the caution symbol is.

Whether you can live with that all winter is up to you, but its mostly out of the way.

Reactions: Markehz

As I am planning to keep my 2021 M3 for a while, I decided to purchase 4x TPMS from Tesla this week and swap them with the ones inside the winter tire set. Annoying to spend additional $400 here..><

Could you use the OEM tpms (new 2021 M3P) and have a tire shop swap them on to a set of winter tires if I’m using the factory wheels and just changing the tires?

Would you have to buy new tpms from Tesla every time you swapped tires, aka going from summer to winter tires using the oem wheels? *that would suck*

^^^This is very helpful. Thank you for participating in the spirit intended...

^^^This is not. Why the need to post replies like this??

This is all a bit misleading—to clear things up, there was a poster that had written several “responses” that were off-topic, confrontational and unnecessary. I quoted a post from @Mutant complimenting him for getting things back on track and also quoted an example of the content posted by the offending member.

Thankfully, the @Mods intervened and deleted all offensive and off-topic posts however my original post now appears somewhat combative itself as it appears to call out a truly responsive and helpful post. This was never the intent.

Thank you to @Mutant for steering the conversation back on-point and thank you to the @Mods for the deletion of all posts that were not.

Hope this clears up things just a bit. Stay safe all. Best, MJP

Just got my 2021 M3 Tuesday Nov 17. I had pre-ordered wheels with TPMS and winter tires. Swapped them in for the winter last Saturday Nov 21, started seeing the TPMS malfunction warning the next day. On Thursday had Tesla tech come over to adjust my trunk cover which was touching the bumper. I also had him look at the fault and he confirmed the old TPMS were incompatible with 2021 M3.
Hopefully Tesla has the part.

We could be getting our 20021 M3P as soon as Dec 15th, and as late as... March lol.

Anyway, we need to get winter wheels and tires. I was getting all hung up on the different bore size compared to the 2020 model but once I figured that situation out, I realised the TPMS has also changed. Was planning on getting wheels and tires from PMCtire.ca and they have bluetooth sensors for the 2021 model, still nervous though. If our car is truly 3 months away then we can delay getting a winter set, however if it comes soon and we are driving on summer performance tires, we wont be able to legally go over the Malahat until March/April.

$520 CAD sensors TPMS Tesla

My concerns over the centre bore M3P Replika wheel issues?

Is your MP3 a performance model - did it come with the 20" Uberturbine wheels? If so, do you know what the centre bore size is?