Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 tm3 headlights. are they adaptive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone gotten delivery of a new TM3 lately and can comment on the headlight? I've read mixed things about whether or not they are adaptive. as in they move as you turn. I think its crazy they haven't done this yet my old vw golf had them

has anyone gotten delivery of a new TM3 lately and can comment on the headlight? I've read mixed things about whether or not they are adaptive. as in they move as you turn. I think its crazy they haven't done this yet my old vw golf had them

Thats because European headlight laws are much more progressive than US headlight laws. Most of the BMWs I had over the past 10-12 years had adaptive headlights, and I liked them. The last 2 BMWs I had even had the "fancy" headlights that did automatic tunneling of highbeams etc... in europe but not in the US (I am in the US), unless you coded them to work in the US with specific BMW software.

No idea if the new model 3s have adaptive lights or not, but blame the US headlight laws for this and the fact that "your old golf had them".