Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 vs 2020 looks and interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a bit disappointed when I went to trade my 2020 sr+ in for a 21 performance........I didn't like the new console or matte plastics or the black exterior trim. I know that most people like the black trim (I prefer the chrome as long as it has bright wheels to match) but what is the forum consensus on the interior? To me it looked like some nissan. I keep my car very clean so piano black and clean look I liked.

What does everyone think? The only thing I can say I do like better is the automatic trunk, and that never really mattered to me.

I am a fan of chrome when done well. I didn’t, and don’t like how it was done on the previous Model 3. I much prefer the blackout. I also appreciate the matte finish on the console. Not so much against piano black appearance, but for practicality.

the fact that there was (is) a huge secondary market to cover up that interior piano black trim speaks volumes. I had the same piano black on the dash of my 2010 Mazda Miata - it's tired.

on the other hand, the door trim on the 2021 Model 3 is a bit Nissan Altima looking - not a fan. Bracing for when this makes its way to the Y.

Reactions: RefreshedP
2021 all the way. By a long shot. Chrome delete and the sliding drawer. That said, I did go an wrap the center console and dropped my boat anchor Ubers..

but... I would have wrapped the old center console most likely and have gotten rid of those 20” also

Reactions: TBrownTX
Wrap the trim and door handles in something you do like. I've been trying to find the right dark/brushed copper/bronze to complement the Blue car I have on order (Genesis did it really well in some G70 trims that I saw a while back). Original plan was to do all the chrome trim, but now that its blacked out, probably just do door handles and emblems.