Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Y LR headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I’ve seen on the forum that people are saying only the MYP is getting shipped with the new matrix LED headlights.

however my neighbor across the street has a ‘21 LR model (amber turn signals) and I noticed that their headlights had that giant projector sphere in comparison to the older models. Can anyone confirm? Because it really looked like the new ones. I’ll try to take a pic

Hey guys. I’ve seen on the forum that people are saying only the MYP is getting shipped with the new matrix LED headlights.

however my neighbor across the street has a ‘21 LR model (amber turn signals) and I noticed that their headlights had that giant projector sphere in comparison to the older models. Can anyone confirm? Because it really looked like the new ones. I’ll try to take a pic
Just ask him?? you will get an accurate answer than anyone here can tell you.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Just look at the brakes. If they're red, then it's a P.
Not necessarily
94DEB841-C221-42CE-8518-CE01935B0137.jpeg

Just ask him?? you will get an accurate answer than anyone here can tell you.
It’s a she. And it’s my neighbors who
Hah, ok. It's exceedingly unlikely that a car with red brakes AND the new headlights that havean't been seen on any LRs in the US is not a P. Also, all Model Ys have the amber signals in the rear now.
i swear. I have to get a picture of this now. Correct me if I’m wrong but at a distance the easiest factor to see the difference in the headlights is the new ones have a larger “ball” projector on the side whereas the old ones don’t have that a all, correct ?

Hah, ok. It's exceedingly unlikely that a car with red brakes AND the new headlights that havean't been seen on any LRs in the US is not a P. Also, all Model Ys have the amber signals in the rear now.
okay boys. Prove me wrong on this one. I just called Tesla to ask about my delivery time. I mentioned the forumboiz posting about how only MYP gets the fancy dance new headlamps.

HOWEVER he told me that while yes, the Performance models were the first to get the headlights , (around feb) FEB production date.

but moving forward all MY and probably m3 if the housing is the same he said going forward is receiving the new “euro” headlights. Yet the forum boiz keep strong saying it’s only performance models.

I call shenanigans

but moving forward all MY and probably m3 if the housing is the same he said going forward is receiving the new “euro” headlights. Yet the forum boiz keep strong saying it’s only performance models.

I call shenanigans
Models 3s have been getting the new headlights since December 2020 I believe. My friend took delivery of his standard range Model 3 in March 2021 and it has the updated headlights.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
So then why are people so stern on saying only MYP gets the fancy stuff. It’s funny because the Tesla rep said don’t believe this forum fanboiz
Nobody has really any idea why the MY LR seems to get the old lights as every Model 3 trim has the new lights now. Armchair theorizing aside, I see many new Model Ys on my neck of the woods and have yet to see an LR with the new lights. Easiest way to tell is that there is a spherical glass projector lens on the outer edge of the headlights and the older light uses a faceted reflector to accomplish the main beam focusing.

Attachments

• New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg
    New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 500