Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021Model 3 Rear seat squeak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but i have been unable to find any information regarding my particular issue.

Over the winter i noticed a squeaking sound coming from the rear seat of my model 3, it seems to happen when the car is either being rocked by bumps or if i am turning into, lets say, a drive way and its on a slight incline.

I believe to narrowed it down to the back rests of the seats and not the bench. I have had the kids sit in the back and listen, and they seem to believe its coming from the center.

The seats themselves are easily rocked, it would suggest that something is rubbing, i just can't seem to pin point it.

I have searched for videos and topics that match the issue I and dealing with, but haven't found anything yet.

If anyone has an idea what it maybe, or, experienced the same, please don't hesitate to respond so i can cross this off my laundry list of many issues with this car ;)

Regards

Dan

I have such a squeak only with my child's unoccupied booster seat latched in the rear passenger side.

If he's in it, there's very little or no squeaking.

If I moved it to driver's side, latched there, no squeaking.

Not latched, no squeaking.

I haven't bothered experimenting more than that. I guess my passenger side latch bars are just a teensy bit smaller or higher friction or something.

I don't think I have any issue from the bars the setback itself clicks onto, but I could certainly envision the same issue occuring there.