Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.3.1 / Model 3 / Seat Warmer App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else only seeing the Left Seat option in their Model 3? Saw a Model S screenshot that had the Right Seat as well.

tempImageeiGzyt.jpg

I'm having the same issue. On my 2020 M3 SR+ I have two icons, one for each side's heated seat. Dragging either one down to the bottom causes both to be displayed. My 2021 MY LR just got 2022.12.3.1 this morning, and I only have an icon for the left seat. I'm going to open a service ticket.

I'm having the same issue. On my 2020 M3 SR+ I have two icons, one for each side's heated seat. Dragging either one down to the bottom causes both to be displayed. My 2021 MY LR just got 2022.12.3.1 this morning, and I only have an icon for the left seat. I'm going to open a service ticket.
iamnid's comment is correct. I sat in my passenger seat and the right seat warmer icon appeared.

LOVE this update :) now if they could fix the review video lag
IF you're talking about the lag that occurs when you go to view your sentry videos, that's usually caused by one of two things. It could be that your storage medium is slow. OR it could be that you have too many videos on it. I am using a Samsung T7 SSD and I have to periodically clear all of the videos on it as, after several dozen videos collect on it, it takes forever for the dashcam viewer to start up. Once it has been formatted and then only a few videos exist afterward, it opens up immediately and is very responsive.

IF you're talking about the lag that occurs when you go to view your sentry videos, that's usually caused by one of two things. It could be that your storage medium is slow. OR it could be that you have too many videos on it. I am using a Samsung T7 SSD and I have to periodically clear all of the videos on it as, after several dozen videos collect on it, it takes forever for the dashcam viewer to start up. Once it has been formatted and then only a few videos exist afterward, it opens up immediately and is very responsive.
I upgraded to a 256 before v11 and was fine, it wasn't until v11 that it started. Deleting and re-formatting helps a little but still never lagged before v11

My understanding is that if you drag the left seat down into the dock, it effectively adds both sides -- the right side just might not show up unless you have a passenger sitting there.
I think it is more complicated than that. In split HVAC it will always show both. However, in joined HVAC I had occasions when I sit in the passenger seat, no driver, and the icon does not show up. Still trying to figure out the exact logic

According to one video I saw, you have to press and hold an any icon in the regular menu then the HVAC apps just appear? That's so weird and unintuitive.
Agreed. All of the new icons (defroster, seats etc.) don't appear until you start the process to move one of the apps into the dock. So how would one know it's even an option to move those down until they start the process of moving one of the apps into the dock?

Agreed. All of the new icons (defroster, seats etc.) don't appear until you start the process to move one of the apps into the dock. So how would one know it's even an option to move those down until they start the process of moving one of the apps into the dock?
Actually read the release notes that show up on the screen after you update? :rolleyes:

Actually read the release notes that show up on the screen after you update? :rolleyes:
While I appreciate the sarcastic eye-roll...the release notes are helpful if you're coming to this new version during the ownership of the vehicle. People who get cars with subsequent versions won't have that in the release notes and may never realize there are extra buttons they can dock down there until they go to move some other app to the dock.

Personally, I didn't have any trouble finding it because it was an anticipated feature that I was looking forward to and DID read the notes. I was merely pointing out that, obviously, others in this thread were confused about how to do it, and that it's very unintuitive to expect hidden things to show up when you long press apps you want to put in the dock.