Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2022.12.3.1 today (2021 M3LR). While I have generally been happy with the V11 UI changes, I do have a mild complaint with the recent update. With 2022.8.3, the screen showed 8 choices for "Recents & Favorites" for the audio entertainment, arranged in two rows. Now it shows 4 choices arranged in one row. Of course, I can scroll left to get more choices. But I prefer the previous layout.

The steering feels lighter/looser at low speeds now
I noticed that too. I like it.

Now, I was charing during the update. When I got back to the car, there was charging fault. Looks like charger ECU - service visit scheduled for next week.

My 2nd MY updated too. Today, wifey reported weird screen behavior during drive. She had to reboot to continue her drive today.

I wish the turning radius on the Model Y was tighter, it’s by far a worse turning radius than any other car I’ve driven. Takes an extra reverse/forward to get out of tiny parking lots
Yeah, it's not fantastic. But it is a function of big wide tires and the wheels being out at the corners of the car. But those things do make the handling and ride better, so you win some you loose some. Also makes the cabin space larger.

Reactions: GOVA
The steering feels lighter/looser at low speeds now
Just installed 2022.12.3.1 today and didn’t notice the steering difference. I’ll have to pay more attention to it tomorrow.

Glad to finally be able to dock the seat heater, defrost, and wiper controls for quick access. I miss the efficiency and tire pressure cards but glad to learn of the new voice commands for them.

Reactions: Aellinsar
2022.12.3.1 we hardly knew ye. I didn't get to drive much with it and now I'm on 2022.12.3.2, but here's what I've noticed/perceived with 2022.12.3.x
  • Voice commands to open trips and tire pressure screens. Credit to @Bluejug for posting this one.
  • Sport steering seems a bit stiffer at lower speeds, but it still feels like a lighter touch that is a lot closer to Comfort and Standard than it was before. I've actually switched to Sport which feels closer to what Standard used to be.
  • Autopilot works great. Was on a slightly winding two-lane road at twilight and at night and it handled perfectly and didn't react to traffic coming from the other direction. It also correctly detected and adjusted speed up and down based upon speed limit. It didn't do that consistently for me before.
  • Theater sound works just like it always did for me.
  • Hulu started working with 2022.12.3.
  • No browser sound.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Had my car freeze for the first time ever on 2022.12.3.1. I had walked up to it and it unlocked, I stepped on the brake pedal to enter my pin and the dialog showed up, but then the touch screen was completely unresponsive. The car then showed no cellular connectivity at the top right (it had cellular just moment earlier since I had turned on the AC remotely). Music kept playing and I could adjust the volume with the scroll wheel (the screen showed volume adjustment), but the screen remained completely unresponsive to touch.

I had to forcibly reboot the car for the first time ever.

Reactions: GOVA
I had the camera screen up on a long drive back. Every 2-3 seconds the video would freeze for a fraction of a second and then start playing again. It would then freeze again. This kept going the whole way back.

These various types of freezing and stuttering seems to be becoming more common with later bills.

The computer for sure seems to be becoming taxed as more and more features are added in. Of course Tesla isn’t upgrading people to the Ryzen chipset and apparently isn’t even offering paid upgrades. I’m aware there have been a handful of exceptions to those policies.

Reactions: TaylorTMusic