Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.3.16 - 85mph vs 90mph (on MCU2 upgraded P85D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the release notes for 2022.12.3.6, it says the Autopilot speed limit is up to 85mph from 80mph for ALL cars. For those of with radar and a 90mph limit, does this nerf us? Just making sure before updating, especially given the numerous bugs MCU1-updated-to-MCU2 cars have had.

Thanks!

In the release notes for 2022.12.3.6, it says the Autopilot speed limit is up to 85mph from 80mph for ALL cars. For those of with radar and a 90mph limit, does this nerf us? Just making sure before updating, especially given the numerous bugs MCU1-updated-to-MCU2 cars have had.

Thanks!

That depends on the version. If that version is for FSD beta then all cars with that version do not use radar.

The notes say that limitation is for Tesla Vision cars. That limitation includes FSD Beta users and S manufactured since about 2/15 that do not have a radar installed. While they will eventually migrate everyone to Tesla Vision, I haven't seen that move as being imminent. So your car probably will not have Tesla Vision now and will not be affected by that limitation.

Hi, I upgraded and did a motorway run yesterday, I still have the 90mph top speed. Although I wondered that same as you, didn’t realise some are limited to 80. On a down side autopilot was awful!! I’ve used it loads on a motorway before and it’s always been amazing, yesterday, after the update it seemed to swerve around the lane more and struggle :( hoping a new upgrade it out soon to fix that. Will try a reboot and see what it does today.

Thanks!
Can confirm, after testing today, I still have a max speed of 90mph ob the motorways.