Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.3.3 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just received an update 2022.12.3.3, checked the changelog and it seems we're getting some nice navigation updates for Japan!
Navigation Routes
Navigation route guidance will now consider your vehicle's width when planning routes. Additionally, the navigation system will use VICS (Vehicle Information and Communication System) data for traffic-based routing.
Some of you guys probably already had this installed for a few weeks - any first impressions?

Edit: Actually not sure if this is accurate, but I might be the first person installing it in Japan... 2022.12.3.3 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hi, @itmightgetloud; I think the version distributed in May in Japan was 2022.12.3.2. Is your version 2022.12.3.3?
If it's 2022.12.3.3, you may be the first person to receive it!

Tesla included the Navigation Routes update originally in 2022.12.3.2, and I have that update. On the day of the update, navigation routes were a mess, and it didn't work. The routes are only big roads, hitting traffic jams everywhere. A few days later, things went back to normal, and now, I can't tell the difference after three weeks. The map screen still shows Google traffic data, and my car chooses the roads without VICS data (i.e., narrower roads without overhead traffic censors). I haven't encountered the nav going into very narrow streets yet, so I'm not sure whether Tesla reverted the change or not.

Note: Japanese navigation systems tend to choose roads with overhead traffic censors over roads without censors, probably because you can't tell the congestion level for the streets with no censors.