Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my update yesterday at 6:00pm ET. Now I regret updating!

This morning 13 miles into my 70 mile commute out of the blue I got a random forced disengagement. While watching the road and having hand on wheel, I glanced at the screen to see my % battery at destination and seconds later a red screen with forced disengagement! No blue bar and no audible warnings! then I pulled over and parked and then continued my trip with autopilot turned back on and tried everything to reproduce it with no luck. I tried keeping my hands off the wheel but every time I got the blue bar like it should do! Not sure what happened, I've been rocking a 98% safety score for a couple weeks now coming up from 95%. I was stupid turning on FSD Beta Request when I first picked up my model Y in march at tesla instead of giving myself a week to learn the car. Oh well, looks like it'll be another month before I'll have a chance to get FSD Beta! I hope they find this bug and maybe revert my forced disengagement!

Interesting. What model do you have? On my MY the de-fog button always worked when HVAC off. First tap was the blue icon to defog with cool air, second tap was red icon with defogger heat.
On my Refresh S with (12.2) the defrost button would light up, But if HVAC was not already on, it did nothing. So it worked fine if HVAC was already on. I often have HVAC off. So it was two clicks. Now (with 12.3) if HVAC was off the Defrost button turns HVAC on and enables defrost. So now defrost is 1-Click with HVAC off, as it used to be before V11.

• Informative
Reactions: Trip McNealy
This needs to be stickied somewhere:

There is never anything new in "point release" that is year.week.X.Y - if it's only X and/or Y that changes there's never anything new. They are bug fixes or tweaks to features that were released in one of the "week" releases.

Also, Tesla has almost always releases on 4-week cycles. 2022.4.x, 2022.8.x, up to 48, then it starts over the next year. The build you get at delivery is likely on some version that does NOT follow this, but as soon as you get your first update, you will be on this cycle.

But for point releases, no need to scramble to figure out what's new (nothing user facing) or be "FIRST!!11!" or whatever because there's nothing new. It might be new to you if you were on the previous week, but if the week's been out already, everyone knows what's in it.

This does not apply to FSD Beta however, which is a whole separate thing.

Mic drop 🎤💥 Thread Closed ⚔️ lol

I'm interested in validating this! The yoke buzz went away on my car with the 2022.12.1 upgrade, but only for one day! It came back the next day....
I think what @Hayseed_MS is saying is the haptic feedback is faint / worse in the 12.3 update as opposed to the 12.1 At least, that is how I read it. Not specifically the audible yoke buzzing you are experiencing. I can confirm that the haptic feedback in 12.3 is less than previous versions, felt for it today specifically.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
URGENT DO NOT UPGRAGE TO 2022.12.3

this is the buggiest version I’ve seen yet!

I’ve been going with 0 disengagements for a while now and now today after last nights update I’ve gotten 2 disengagements!
One in morning, glanced at screen to see chargers level at destination with no warning visual or audio at all and red disengagement!
Second was on way home 5 mins from house sitting in bumper to bumper stoped traffic watching all the idiot drivers drive down the shoulder illegally making sure they don’t hit me with no sounds and warnings and got another red disengagement! What frustrates me is Tesla said in a chat to me that disengagements Don’t hit your safety score when the app clearly shows my daily score is hit hard! Up till today I’ve worked hard to get to 98% by following the rules to the book and have been working to get better and now this and others have cheated their way into the beta. It’s not fair!

Another bug! After this happened I tried to report a bug with holding right scroll wheel like tesla told me and it didn’t work! Tried tapping and saying bug and it worked at noon when I played with it but not when I needed it! This was after the cell radio showed disconnected and I did a reboot which took the the cell modem several mins to reconnect!

Light settings. What does the light settings have to do with this engagements.
I never changed my lights. This is the way they’ve always been set up since March when I pick the car up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 115
I think what @Hayseed_MS is saying is the haptic feedback is faint / worse in the 12.3 update as opposed to the 12.1 At least, that is how I read it. Not specifically the audible yoke buzzing you are experiencing. I can confirm that the haptic feedback in 12.3 is less than previous versions, felt for it today specifically.
Ok, just tested after the upgrade to 2022.12.3. Haptic feedback seems the same and the buzz is still there. Still junk yoke firmware.... I have no idea how it was fixed for one day when I updated to 2022.12.1.

Reactions: cwanja
Light settings. What does the light settings have to do with this engagements.
During the daytime, if you’re on autopilot and your lights are set to “Parking”, then say it gets cloudy/rainy out and the car determines it wants to turn on the headlights the car will red alert and tell you to take over immediately.

I was just ruling this out for you because I always use “Parking“ during the day and this happened to me a few times before I finally figured out what was going on.

I was just ruling this out for you because I always use “Parking“ during the day and this happened to me a few times before I finally figured out what was going on.

Interesting. In California it's not legal to drive with the Park lights on unless of course the Headlights are also on.

Autopilot developers have to handle a lot of law variations!