Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
URGENT DO NOT UPGRAGE TO 2022.12.3

this is the buggiest version I’ve seen yet!

I’ve been going with 0 disengagements for a while now and now today after last nights update I’ve gotten 2 disengagements!
One in morning, glanced at screen to see chargers level at destination with no warning visual or audio at all and red disengagement!
Second was on way home 5 mins from house sitting in bumper to bumper stoped traffic watching all the idiot drivers drive down the shoulder illegally making sure they don’t hit me with no sounds and warnings and got another red disengagement! What frustrates me is Tesla said in a chat to me that disengagements Don’t hit your safety score when the app clearly shows my daily score is hit hard! Up till today I’ve worked hard to get to 98% by following the rules to the book and have been working to get better and now this and others have cheated their way into the beta. It’s not fair!

Another bug! After this happened I tried to report a bug with holding right scroll wheel like tesla told me and it didn’t work! Tried tapping and saying bug and it worked at noon when I played with it but not when I needed it! This was after the cell radio showed disconnected and I did a reboot which took the the cell modem several mins to reconnect!
Your safety score does mean *sugar* right now. Unless you live in Canada.

Reporting bugs is just to keep customers feeling like they are doing something useful and keep them from calling. When they go straight to the bit bucket.

Reactions: cwanja
Interesting. In California it's not legal to drive with the Park lights on unless of course the Headlights are also on.

Autopilot developers have to handle a lot of law variations!
What does CA consider parking lights? How do they differentiate from DRLs? For me, if set to auto, during the day, the “eyebrow“ lights will illuminate brightly, no headlights. I’d call this a DRL. With it set to parking it will dim the DRLs slightly and turn on the fog lights (if enabled) and amber front side lights (parking lights?). I figured rear taillight outlines would also illuminate, but they don’t unless headlights are on. I think this makes the car look more aggressive with illuminated fogs widening the front end view.

This needs to be stickied somewhere:

There is never anything new in "point release" that is year.week.X.Y - if it's only X and/or Y that changes there's never anything new. They are bug fixes or tweaks to features that were released in one of the "week" releases.

Also, Tesla has almost always releases on 4-week cycles. 2022.4.x, 2022.8.x, up to 48, then it starts over the next year. The build you get at delivery is likely on some version that does NOT follow this, but as soon as you get your first update, you will be on this cycle.

But for point releases, no need to scramble to figure out what's new (nothing user facing) or be "FIRST!!11!" or whatever because there's nothing new. It might be new to you if you were on the previous week, but if the week's been out already, everyone knows what's in it.

This does not apply to FSD Beta however, which is a whole separate thing.
You sure about that? While I would generally accept that sentiment that point releases typically do not include functionality changes, it's not an actually correct statement. I have EAP, not FSD on my 2018 Model 3 and looking back at the notes I kept on the 75 software updates I have done in just shy of 4 years since my car was delivered with 2018.18.13 software, I see 5 exceptions, the latest of which happened back on Christmas Eve (for me at least):

2019.20.2.1 to 2019.20.4.2 was Beach Buggy 2 game, New Application Launcher window
2019.32.2.2 to 2019.32.11 was v10.0 - Cuphead, Smart Summon, Video in web browser, Spotify, Caraoke, Driving Visualization improvements, Feeling Lucky/Hungry, Destination searches now show distance to destination, Vent/Close windows from app, Dashcam includes rear camera, Sentry Mode autodeletes old clips
2020.48.12.1 to 2020.48.26 was Driving Visualization Improvements, Scheduled Departure Improvements (works for places other than California), Supercharger Map Improvements, new games
2021.36.5.1 to 2021.36.8 was Sentry Model Camera Live Remote Viewing
2021.44.6 to 2021.44.25.2 was the v11.0 - Toybox (Light Show, TikTok, Sonic, Battle of Polytopia, Sudoku), Edit waypoints, Blind spot camera on blinker

I will agree with the rest of the sentiment that posting that you are installing a specific point release without any other details is of limited value. The 2020.48.26 version in that list could probably be argued that those were mostly bug fixes except for the additional games.

You sure about that? While I would generally accept that sentiment that point releases typically do not include functionality changes, it's not an actually correct statement. I have EAP, not FSD on my 2018 Model 3 and looking back at the notes I kept on the 75 software updates I have done in just shy of 4 years since my car was delivered with 2018.18.13 software, I see 5 exceptions, the latest of which happened back on Christmas Eve (for me at least):

2019.20.2.1 to 2019.20.4.2 was Beach Buggy 2 game, New Application Launcher window
2019.32.2.2 to 2019.32.11 was v10.0 - Cuphead, Smart Summon, Video in web browser, Spotify, Caraoke, Driving Visualization improvements, Feeling Lucky/Hungry, Destination searches now show distance to destination, Vent/Close windows from app, Dashcam includes rear camera, Sentry Mode autodeletes old clips
2020.48.12.1 to 2020.48.26 was Driving Visualization Improvements, Scheduled Departure Improvements (works for places other than California), Supercharger Map Improvements, new games
2021.36.5.1 to 2021.36.8 was Sentry Model Camera Live Remote Viewing
2021.44.6 to 2021.44.25.2 was the v11.0 - Toybox (Light Show, TikTok, Sonic, Battle of Polytopia, Sudoku), Edit waypoints, Blind spot camera on blinker

I will agree with the rest of the sentiment that posting that you are installing a specific point release without any other details is of limited value. The 2020.48.26 version in that list could probably be argued that those were mostly bug fixes except for the additional games.
Also a point release might fix a major feature that didn’t work as planned in a more major release.

Like 12.2 to 12.3 now made the defrost button on main display work in 1 click if HVAC was off.

Could also be things are all set in motion for a feature coordinated with the phone app. And the dot release just enables it. Then suddenly something new works in the phone app.

Ok...so my 2022.8.3 just updated to 2022.12.3.1
But I cannot find the extra icons that I want to drag onto the black bar, they aren’t with the rest of the icons that pop up when you touch the button with the three dots...can anybody help?

• Informative
Reactions: Trip McNealy
But I cannot find the extra icons that I want to drag onto the black bar, they aren’t with the rest of the icons that pop up when you touch the button with the three dots...can anybody help?
Press and hold like you are going to re-arrange / configure the dock icons. That will show the "legacy icons" to be added back to the dock. They, for whatever reason, are not available when you open the app tray.

Just installed 2022.12.3.1
I guess there’s no additional bottom bar customization for legacy cars. It felt like Elon said yes then told me no😂

DF793292-55B8-4AB2-963F-DFA03057C867.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: sundaydrive