Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12 looks promising!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* more customizable tray (return of defrost/seat heaters? )
* Child lock updates (hoping this means independent doors).
* additional mobile app controls (dog mode, etc? )

I read about that too. Sounds promising.

What I'd like to see is also a size adjustment for the speed/ FSD engaged/disengaged. The larger it is the less time it takes to read it. Like choosing large icons if you care to.

Reactions: mswlogo
Does sound promising. This could make a lot of people happier that miss the old heater and defrost buttons.

Additional Bottom Bar Customization​

Tesla is adding additional ways to customize the bottom bar, known as the launcher. The additional customization will likely come in the form of more apps or buttons.

We'd expect to see Tesla include some buttons that were previously removed such as wipers, window defrost, and possibly seat heaters.

For more information, check out our coverage of additional launcher customization.

Does sound promising. This could make a lot of people happier that miss the old heater and defrost buttons.

Additional Bottom Bar Customization​

Tesla is adding additional ways to customize the bottom bar, known as the launcher. The additional customization will likely come in the form of more apps or buttons.

We'd expect to see Tesla include some buttons that were previously removed such as wipers, window defrost, and possibly seat heaters.

For more information, check out our coverage of additional launcher customization.
I leave the wipers and heated seats on auto and never felt the need to change them. I want a heated steering wheel and defroster button though.

Reactions: Tha_Ape
Adjustable font sizes would be helpful. As you get older, some people need larger fonts as their eyes get more far sighted. Seeing small text on the screen while you’re driving becomes impossible.
After owning my Y for an entire 2 weeks now, I have no nostalgia for v10 but can see the current version leaves so much to be desired. The microfont is my biggest complaint. My progressive lenses can’t do enough to bring that minuscule clock and range into focus. And so much wasted space just for a useless gee-whiz car animation! If I could ask for anything in the next release, it would be bigger fonts.

I leave the wipers and heated seats on auto and never felt the need to change them. I want a heated steering wheel and defroster button though.
I love the auto seat heaters and never feel the need to change them, but I'm having quite a lot of trouble with the auto wipers lately. In general, they rarely turn on sufficiently to handle the rate of precipitation, so I typically use manual mode 1-4. Then last night even the manual wipers wouldn't stay on the speed I selected (3). They kept reverting back to what appeared to be auto mode and went much more infrequently. Not enough to keep up with the rain. I had to keep turning them off and back on again to get home.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
Would love for them to carry over the gauge cluster interface from the refresh S/X to the legacy cars, specifically the big speedometer reading on the right side of the screen vs. the old top-center small readout. They'll probably keep this as a "feature" for the newer S/X though.

more customizable tray (return of defrost/seat heaters? )
I would really like a configurable control area but don't feel the bottom bar is the place for it. v10 had it right with a panel at the bottom of the visualizer. Scale down the visualizer a bit and make the panel permanent and configurable, that would be my suggestion. Maybe allow the border between the vis and the control panel to be sizeable.

I would really like a configurable control area but don't feel the bottom bar is the place for it. v10 had it right with a panel at the bottom of the visualizer. Scale down the visualizer a bit and make the panel permanent and configurable, that would be my suggestion. Maybe allow the border between the vis and the control panel to be sizeable.
I'd like the option to make the visualizer as small as it was back in 2019. Heck, I'd even be happy with the option to get rid of it entirely. Except for when I'm parking, I don't give a damn what the car sees, that's what I have eyes for.

* more customizable tray (return of defrost/seat heaters? )
* Child lock updates (hoping this means independent doors).
* additional mobile app controls (dog mode, etc? )

Just installed it. Basically all this is right. You can pick which back door to child lock, you can add driver side seat heater, steering wheel heater, and defrosters to dock, dog and camp mode in app. Also noticed homelink in app. Hadn’t noticed that before but not sure if it’s new.

Oh forgot wipers. You can add that as well

• Informative
Reactions: Tha_Ape
Just installed it. Basically all this is right. You can pick which back door to child lock, you can add driver side seat heater, steering wheel heater, and defrosters to dock, dog and camp mode in app. Also noticed homelink in app. Hadn’t noticed that before but not sure if it’s new.

Oh forgot wipers. You can add that as well
Are there any more slots added to the bottom or are we restricted to the current number (3?)? I've been waiting for the independent child lock, so thats a huge positive.

I'm looking forward to installing it!

(Homelink's been in the app for at least 1yr. It showed up as soon as I got it installed. I use it often when I come back home from a walk or whatever.)

Reactions: BnGrm and sparty96