Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12 looks promising!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now they need to bring back the cards and enlarge some of the fonts. From what I see people have been asking for larger (or adjustable) font sizes for years, yet the trend is for Tesla to introduce smaller fonts and even make the colour of the fonts grey - harder to read. I hope for a font-sensitive interface which would bring them into the 90's in their software architecture. Yes I am being a bit harsh here but seriously, the fonts are unnecessarily small.

Now they need to bring back the cards and enlarge some of the fonts. From what I see people have been asking for larger (or adjustable) font sizes for years, yet the trend is for Tesla to introduce smaller fonts and even make the colour of the fonts grey - harder to read. I hope for a font-sensitive interface which would bring them into the 90's in their software architecture. Yes I am being a bit harsh here but seriously, the fonts are unnecessarily small.
I bet they do it to make the screen look higher resolution. I've never had v10, but watching YouTube videos I can definitely say it looks lower res than v11. I'm sure that's not the case in the car, but larger icons and fonts tend to do that.

Did they add addition spots for icon customization? For example, If I want to add wipers and seat heaters, am I trading for other icons such as Spotify and Camera?
No it didn’t appear so. The seat heater icon snapped over close to where the interior temperature is located. It didn’t appear to remove anything. The stuff in the doc just shifted. I’ll take a closer look when I’m back in my car.

Are there any more slots added to the bottom or are we restricted to the current number (3?)? I've been waiting for the independent child lock, so thats a huge positive.

I'm looking forward to installing it!

(Homelink's been in the app for at least 1yr. It showed up as soon as I got it installed. I use it often when I come back home from a walk or whatever.)
It appeared that they added spots but some of the interior stuff (seat heaters, wipers) were separate from the cluster of apps that normally appear. I’ll take a pic in a bit.

It appeared that they added spots but some of the interior stuff (seat heaters, wipers) were separate from the cluster of apps that normally appear. I’ll take a pic in a bit.
Here is a pic. Passenger side heater too.

Attachments

• 6DDEC543-BD05-46D8-8782-2EE76B9CA8F8.jpeg
    6DDEC543-BD05-46D8-8782-2EE76B9CA8F8.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 201
What happens when you tap the wipers button? Does it bring up the same mini UI as when you hit the physical wipe button?
I believe it did, yes. Sorry, I took 5 kids to go see the new Sonic movie tonight and couldn’t entirely focus on it, but i do remember a small wiper window pop up right above the doc.

So I’ve only had my car for 3 weeks, but I seem to remember there were 5 total app spots on the doc. So if that’s right, it appears they added another spot in addition to the seat heater icons by the temperatures. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

On a side note, I used all 7 seats tonight for the first time. Not exactly comfy for anyone but it works in a pinch.

Reactions: Graham J and OxBrew
It crushes my heart that I will never have a red heated steering wheel icon on my 2020 MY screen.
I am still holding out hope that a heated steering wheel can be retrofit. I have a new take-off from a 2021 MY that has the heating element and module, and the front, left and right computer/body modules are all the same part number from 20-21 model years. I haven't heard of anyone asking a SC to activate after Tesla offered to enable the heated wheels for a fee to the standard range models. I'm going to ask my SC to enable my heated wheel later this month when I take it in for other work. Last I heard anyone asking a SC to activate was a year ago....

Reactions: Z_Lynx
Thanks for this preview!

Do you happen to use usb for music? Any updates there?

And just a note for folks…I struggle with the small font too, found that keeping it in permanent dark mode has helped a ton. Now the text is still small, but at least white on black background, not light grey on white!!

Reactions: OxBrew
Do you happen to use usb for music? Any updates there?
I haven't noticed any differences for USB music, but...

The mid-size media player has gone from 2 rows to just 1 row of icons showing "up next & favorites" and "recently played". Not a big deal but I'd rather have 2 rows shown since I usually don't need the big navigation map, and it seemed easier to view my recents or favorites with 2 rows since it shows you more before needing to scroll right.

Reactions: DadRS99
preconditioning the car warms the steering wheel enough
and with global warming, the car doesn't get very cold anyway.
used to have a car with a heated steering wheel and thought such a thing was a necessity.

otherwise, looking forward to rebuilding the control button locations on the touch screen.

Reactions: Terpslax