Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
Installing 2022.12.1 on 2020 MS LR+. This is the first time the trunk to self open during installation. Has anyone else experienced it? I had to close it manually through the app while the installation was still going on (about 30%)

• Informative
Reactions: OxBrew
Installing 2022.12.1 on 2020 MS LR+. This is the first time the trunk to self open during installation. Has anyone else experienced it? I had to close it manually through the app while the installation was still going on (about 30%)
They finally delivered the second half of all the half open tailgates from the last updates.

Here is what I have seen reported so far:

1649483075905.png

VeryGreen also has some notes:

Still on V10 (with a legacy model S), but I am considering updating to this version when I get it. The car has been acting funky in the last week and I have a feeling it has something to do with the « update software » pop up overwhelming the MCU..

Any reasons not to?

Still on V10 (with a legacy model S), but I am considering updating to this version when I get it. The car has been acting funky in the last week and I have a feeling it has something to do with the « update software » pop up overwhelming the MCU..

Any reasons not to?
Don’t if you can.

I installed 2022.12.1 and it is another episode of the same show.
- Still only 4 icons and plenty of unused space
- Adding the new functions is super unintuitive. Pressing “…” will only show you the entertainment icons. You have to start editing the launchpad in order to see the new icons
- Only driver seat warmer is available.
- The defogger/defroster works only if you first start the HVAC. So, two taps process. It was kind of amusing to see the defogger/defroster icon on (blue/red) and the HVAC off. At first I thought that the AC was busted.

V10 is still more usable. I hope they fix some of those issues in subsequent releases. I am still perplexed by how amateurish the whole UI design is. Those people have never driven cars before.

Jeez, that would be bad! In my garage, the trunk would hit the door and cause serious damage. I'm installing now. Hopefully that doesn't happen!

Reactions: Lipper
What's the yoke buzz?
The yoke made a continuous buzzing sound after the first time you push any button on the yoke on each drive. It was initially really loud, then they made it a little quieter in a recent update. It was loud enough that I could hear it at every stop light, even with talk radio on! But, they finally fixed the software in the yoke so it doesn't buzz anymore. 👍

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and Boza
I don't see any icon to for the windshield wiper, would have liked something for raise suspension as well.
Also, after this update my Boombox doesn't show options for sounds while driving or summon sound, only horn now.
FWIW, on 2022.8.3 if you push the button on the left stalk halfway (just enough for the wipers to do a single pass but not spray any washer fluid) a wiper control card appears on the screen.