Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Refreshed MX/MS, you can now add the seat fan/heater to the tool bar - shows up next to the temperature setting (outside the app area) for both the driver and passenger!

The steering wheel heaters, front-, and rear-defrosters, if added, are with the other apps.

Don’t if you can.

I installed 2022.12.1 and it is another episode of the same show.
- Still only 4 icons and plenty of unused space
- Adding the new functions is super unintuitive. Pressing “…” will only show you the entertainment icons. You have to start editing the launchpad in order to see the new icons
- Only driver seat warmer is available.
- The defogger/defroster works only if you first start the HVAC. So, two taps process. It was kind of amusing to see the defogger/defroster icon on (blue/red) and the HVAC off. At first I thought that the AC was busted.

V10 is still more usable. I hope they fix some of those issues in subsequent releases. I am still perplexed by how amateurish the whole UI design is. Those people have never driven cars before.
Tested just now.l in my 2022 MY. If you have a passenger, it does both heated seats. It’s using seat sensors to gauge which ones to turn on apparently. Only did mine when girlfriend wasn’t sitting in passenger seat.

the release notes mention browser updates - hesitant to update amd lose teslawaze like previously. It came back in the last update and want to keep it that way. Anyone confirm tesla Waze still works in this version?
Yeah, it's been nice to have that (browser geolocation) back working. Wouldn't want to update and lose it again for some undetermined amount of time.

Yeah, it's been nice to have that (browser geolocation) back working. Wouldn't want to update and lose it again for some undetermined amount of time.
What's the trick to prevent the browser from asking that you approve the location permission every time that you visit the same URL? Making the website a favorite doesn't stop the dialog box from displaying for me.

the release notes mention browser updates - hesitant to update amd lose teslawaze like previously. It came back in the last update and want to keep it that way. Anyone confirm tesla Waze still works in this version?

Yes, the browser seems better (faster) on 21.1. Teslawaze at first had the location error but then went past it and it works much better and faster than 8.3. It is more responsive than 8.3.

As much I think v11 is great, it is nice having the seat warmer icon on the bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer