Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an odd update. I got it within an hour of it being released, and im usually days behind. Its going to a wide array of years and model, but only ones that were on 2022.8.3, even though 2022.8.3 still has new people getting that update.

Also a very small amount of people for the first 3 days. less than 2% of the fleet. that's usually not the case. I'm still waiting for acceptance to the beta with 4500 miles and a 99 score in the last 30 days. wonder what the reasoning behind this strange rollout is.

I also had another bug today in 2022.12.1. My handles were randomly going in and out on the passenger side of the car, with it locked and my phone off.... I'd been away from the car for over an hour and a half. No idea how long it was doing that. I guess I could look at the video....

Sometimes the front and back were alternating, sometimes in sync. The passenger side wasn't doing it....

I also had another bug today in 2022.12.1. My handles were randomly going in and out on the passenger side of the car, with it locked and my phone off.... I'd been away from the car for over an hour and a half. No idea how long it was doing that. I guess I could look at the video....

Sometimes the front and back were alternating, sometimes in sync. The passenger side wasn't doing it....
Did you reset? I always do that after update.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Glad they finally did this. Not quite ready to upgrade yet, but this address some of the major issues. Now we just need a way to display trip odo and trip power consumption.
…. and creates other. If you click the defogger/defroster it will turn red/blue but it will not engage the HVAC/fan - you have to manually do that. Reported it as a bug.

Seat heater, not heaters - only driver heater is added. If you want to check the other you have to do the HVAC dance.
According to this video (jump to the 4:20 mark) when someone is in the passenger seat, they get the icon for their seat on their side of the screen. The passenger seat heater control also appears in split mode whether or not someone is in the passenger seat.

Seat heater, not heaters - only driver heater is added. If you want to check the other you have to do the HVAC dance.
It's been pointed out by other members, but it seems your assumption is wrong.
What’s the point of seat heater appearing/disappearing based on passenger seat occupant? Is that button space utilized for anything else?
You want to heat an empty seat? They remove it because it's not needed without anyone sitting in the seat. At this point you can't place another button there.

Reactions: Spockarific
You want to heat an empty seat?
Yes, I do. When my wife is on her way out to the car, I want to turn it on, get it started for her. Would be nice not to fumble for it.

When I started the seat heaters in the app, even when they show on, they're not. Maybe fixed now? but I need to check that.

And I want to see it's off when she gets out. I don't trust Tesla for one second to get this right.