Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my 2022 M3 RWD last night with this release.. and have noticed a couple undocumented things….. first obvious thing (at least from my previous release) is they added the rainbow road Easter egg to the toy box … the Easter egg itself isn’t new.. just shows you how to activate it basically.

And I might be the only person on earth who prefers chill mode .. but I have noticed there is some new adjustment to the acceleration.. smoother than before.. also the comfort wheel mode feels softer. I have also noticed that my regenerative breaking seems to be reduced also, at least on chill mode.. no alert saying regen is reduced or anything.

Perhaps a placebo, or the colder temperatures today.. but somehow the suspension feels softer too.. though I am not aware of any possible way that can be true.. since as far as I know, the M3 doesn’t have air suspension, or any other software controllable way of doing this.

Can someone else confirm these findings? It’s also possible I am imagining the difference… but it feels significantly different to me.

… and have someone in both driver and passenger seats. Oh, oh, why making something inherently so simple so weirdly complex while reducing optionality at the same time?! I can come up with only two hypothesis: Totally inept designers or coders that have to deal with horrifically bad code, with so many dependencies that they could not implement good design.
Bro, you don’t need an occupant in the passenger seat to turn on the split function. It’s accessible with only a single (driver only) occupant.

Calm down.

Reactions: Spockarific
I figured some people would be jumping for joy with this update. I guess that's being too optimistic. Installing it now. Looking forward to checking out the browser update.

It sounds like a big improvement to me, even if it needed a video demo. No new bugs reported, so I'll install it when it arrives.

I ignore the car's browser since my phone's browser has readable text and a faster keyboard. Waze or ABRP could be good but I'm not going to use a browser while driving.

Other notable changes/updates I haven't seen listed anywhere:

1 - charging info is larger and easier to read on display when locked

2 - “ask each drive” option for data sharing

3 - updated media mini-view favorite view - only 1 icon now

4 - color issues with Native American reservations on map fixed

Attachments

• data.jpg
    data.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 123
  • charge.jpg
    charge.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 101
  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 109
Bro, you don’t need an occupant in the passenger seat to turn on the split function. It’s accessible with only a single (driver only) occupant.

Calm down
It does not make any sense for the seat warmers controls to be dependent on the HVAC settings. It is as if the blinkers are available only if the fog lights are off.
This unnecessary complexity reduces the optionality of the controls. It is ridiculous!

Attachments

• PXL_20220413_075113741.jpg
    PXL_20220413_075113741.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20220413_075036939.jpg
    PXL_20220413_075036939.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 90
  • PXL_20220413_074932748.jpg
    PXL_20220413_074932748.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20220413_074853872.jpg
    PXL_20220413_074853872.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20220413_074902714.jpg
    PXL_20220413_074902714.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 111
It does not make any sense for the seat warmers controls to be dependent on the HVAC settings. It is as if the blinkers are available only if the fog lights are off.
This unnecessary complexity reduces the optionality of the controls. It is ridiculous!
Both seat heaters and HVAC are designed to keep body warm. For instance, the new auto heat seater function is brilliant. It directly dependent on HVAC settings and current cabin temperature.
They combined these functions together based on what they are used for. Traditional automakers didn't use programming logic and kept all controls separate. Just two different schools of thought.

Both seat heaters and HVAC are designed to keep body warm. For instance, the new auto heat seater function is brilliant. It directly dependent on HVAC settings and current cabin temperature.
They combined these functions together based on what they are used for. Traditional automakers didn't use programming logic and kept all controls separate. Just two different schools of thought.
We can't stand the auto heat seater function. On previous versions, I saw it was enabled even when there was no one in the seat. Also, how is it supposed to know if we want it on or not and at what level? One person could be freezing and want it on high while another is burning up and wants it off entirely.

We can't stand the auto heat seater function. On previous versions, I saw it was enabled even when there was no one in the seat. Also, how is it supposed to know if we want it on or not and at what level? One person could be freezing and want it on high while another is burning up and wants it off entirely.
lol. My family loves auto heat seaters.
Based on Tesla explanation the auto heat seater function changes level of seat heaters based on the difference between set HVAC temperature and current cabin temperature. Like in the morning before the car had a chance to warm up it will set the seat heaters to high. As car temperature increases so it decreases the level of heat seaters. Enable split AC if passenger wants different comfort temperature.