Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto seat heaters are exactly wrong. Just tried them out on my brand new v11 installation. I like the cabin at 66 and the seat heaters on high, then medium after about 30 minutes.

On 66, auto seat heaters never come on. In fact, at 74, they came on full, and as I lowered the temp to 66, they quickly ramped down to off.

Not a complaint at all. I just won't use them. I have not used Auto HVAC ever, in the last 7 cars I owned since 1998, so I feel like this is a me thing.
Everytime you turn on/off auto climate, auto seat heaters turn on/off simultaneously. I hate this feature.

Both seat heaters and HVAC are designed to keep body warm. For instance, the new auto heat seater function is brilliant. It directly dependent on HVAC settings and current cabin temperature.
They combined these functions together based on what they are used for. Traditional automakers didn't use programming logic and kept all controls separate. Just two different schools of thought.
I know tesla screwed me (others) over with FSD but it does not mean they know the temperature my buttocks like 😏
I like lower cabin temperature but high seat heater.

...there are many occasions in the summertime that my back hurts, and I'm going on a long drive, and I turn on the seat heaters to relieve my back pain a little bit...
Forgive me for straying off topic, but this triggered a memory.

I was home in Tennessee for the summer of '78 after my freshman year in college. Along with all my hometown friends, we had great difficulty getting summer jobs in a weak economy. We finally signed up as the gopher crew to set up a big new discount store in the next town, and it was a lot of heavy work.

We'd usually go to a little sandwich place in the shopping center on our lunch break, and then my best friend would insist that we sit for a while in the hot car (his dad's '63 Chevy Biscayne or my dad's very similar '63 Belair depending on who drove that day). There was definitely no Cabin Overheat Protection in the hot and humid southern summer, but he loved it. One of us would take the front bench and one the back. He would stretch out, close his eyes and murmur "it's sooo relaxing" again and again as we baked our muscles before returning to work. I'm sure if we'd had seat heaters, he would have switched them on as well.

I have to say that I appreciated it for a few minutes, but I wasn't as much into the automotive sauna session as he was. So I would abandon him, remind him not to pass out and die, and I'd get back to the store early from the lunch break. Our old-man boss thought I was the eager worker (but more in a contemptuous "you must be stupid, but OK" way). I was just trying to catch the good air conditioning in the front of the store before heading to the back to build industrial shelving, unload trucks or break down boxes by rhe loading dock.

Hey, it looks like on

2022.12.1 wifi no longer works while the vehicle is not in park.​

This seems to break the ability to run the car off a wifi hotspot while in motion. Anyone else notice this?
Works fine for me. Just tested it in drive.
8D1955E8-EEF4-4B5E-9B15-47A665EB4C86.jpeg

Reactions: cmy4x4
Chill mode and regen braking WOULD feel smoother and less pronounced in cold weather. It’s all placebo or non-software related. There’s no change.
Just got back from another drive.. I am fully convinced the steering wheel modes have been tweaked.. and I am even more sure that chill mode acceleration and deceleration are different.

I have also seen people complaining in other threads that their steering wheel modes have “stopped working” as of this new release. I don’t think they are broken, just they feel all quite similar now at the start of your turn. It always seems to start similar to comfort mode, but the further you turn the wheel, it gets stiffer, depending on your mode

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Just got back from another drive.. I am fully convinced the steering wheel modes have been tweaked.. and I am even more sure that chill mode acceleration and deceleration are different.

I have also seen people complaining in other threads that their steering wheel modes have “stopped working” as of this new release. I don’t think they are broken, just they feel all quite similar now at the start of your turn. It always seems to start similar to comfort mode, but the further you turn the wheel, it gets stiffer, depending on your mode
That would be a drastic change since steering pressure is a muscle memory thing. and I doubt that the tension in it has variable on a smooth curve rather than incremental. that would be pretty sophisticated, and honestly annoying software wise. I'm driving 320 miles tomorrow so I'll test it myself, but I highly doubt its the case. they would have to say something like that in the notes.

Ok, some more 2022.12.1 testing on 2020 MS LR+

- They definitely tweaked the regen, at least in chill mode. It is less aggressive at low speeds. I used to be able to come to almost complete stop before; now, I have to use more brakes.
- It seems that the seat warmers have a “reserved” spot on the launcher. You cannot put another icon on its place if you remove it.
- The North button has moved to the right side of the map
- The backup camera is less laggy
- The logic behind the new buttons (except the rear defogger) is idiotic. For example, the passenger seat warmer is available only in split HVAC. In joined HVAC the driver controls both temps but the seat warmer icon controls only driver’s warmer. I hope they fix that and the defogger/defroster dependency on turned on HVAC in the next year or so (hopefully, without introducing new bugs)
- I did not see any significant change in range estimator
- They fixed the night color schema. I can see secondary streets now!
- Night and day screen brightness are independent now. I officially stopped playing with the settings! Manual mode works perfect now!
- I have a feeling that they made changes to the routing algorithm but need a bit more testing to confirm.

OK, but why? Show all the options on long press.

Or just show the 3 dot icon only when in Park. No need for it while driving. And it could show up as 3 vertical dots, to the left of the tray, not taking up any slots.

Or 3 vertical dots as a separator between custom and recent apps, and it becomes a fine vertical line/separator while driving.

So many ways to do this so much more elegantly/refined.

Best is just to eliminate it entirely, for super clean UI. That's the king strategy for recent Tesla UI, right? This is just super clunky.
I was thinking just have the 3 dots be a swipe up gesture from the middle of the screen.

Auto climate actually turns on Auto seat heater 😡
I like to adjust the fan speed and that turns off Auto climate. Next time when I turn on Auto climate it turns on Auto seat heater too 🤦🏻. Why?
Tesla —> Just put the icons on the main bar and stop over designing such controls.
That was what I was worried about. DO. NOT. WANT. But I am hearing conflicting things on this from different people. Is it different in the 3/Y vs the S/X?

Auto climate actually turns on Auto seat heater 😡
I like to adjust the fan speed and that turns off Auto climate. Next time when I turn on Auto climate it turns on Auto seat heater too 🤦🏻. Why?
Tesla —> Just put the icons on the main bar and stop over designing such controls.
It is normal for auto HVAC to take over the fan speed. But I still fail to see the link between HVAC and seat warmers - not only manual/auto but also whether you see them or not. I have a feeling that their design team either has to work with horrific spaghetti code and faces severe limitations on what they could do; or those people have never driven a car before - their logic is so twisted in the desire to be different than everything else out there.

Reactions: am_dmd