Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
horrific spaghetti code and faces severe limitations on what they could do;

I really don't think it's this. Since seat heaters used to be a separate function, they added code to make it "automatic".

or those people have never driven a car before

Very high probability.

their logic is so twisted in the desire to be different than everything else out there.

BINGO!

• Funny
Reactions: cmy4x4
If the HVAC is off (and the seats are off and not in 'auto') and and you then put the HVAC in 'auto', does that automatically put the seats back into auto?
If I turn HVAC back on my seat setting is retained. However, if I turn HVAC Auto off then back on it resets the seats to Auto too. So you can independently control seats (eg, HVAC off with seat cooling on) and then turn HVAC back on without changes; until you reset HVAC Auto.

Seems like a logical design to me, and very flexible.

If I turn HVAC back on my seat setting is retained. However, if I turn HVAC Auto off then back on it resets the seats to Auto too. So you can independently control seats (eg, HVAC off with seat cooling on) and then turn HVAC back on without changes; until you reset HVAC Auto.

Not ideal for me, but now that there are buttons I can put in the bar I can at least turn them back off. I don't usually like auto functions in general, especially ones that come back on their own.

I’m also getting frustrated…I think I was one of the first people in the world to get 2022.8.3…I was real excited except that there wasn’t anything good in it…now we have some good stuff…I’ve been forgotten 😳☹️

After holding off for so long, I willingly gave up my outside farts in 2022.8.3. in hopes I was getting seat heater controls again shortly. Shame 2022.12.x seems to have paused and I’m stuck with none of the butt stuff I want.
Outside farts are supposed to be gone in 8.3 though? That's how I got SC to push 8.3 to my car.

Now just waiting for 22.12.x so I can have butt stuff back. No farts, no heaters no butts. (ok, the heaters are actually on high all the time, butt it'll be fun ton have them back on the bar)
DD954BA5-2A95-45EF-A8A0-228290E6B451.jpeg

Everytime you turn on/off auto climate, auto seat heaters turn on/off simultaneously. I hate this feature.
Honest question: Why would anyone turn "auto" off? Every car I have ever had, I turn it on auto the day I get the car and it's that way for years. The whole point of auto is just set the temp you want and that's what you get?

Honest question: Why would anyone turn "auto" off? Every car I have ever had, I turn it on auto the day I get the car and it's that way for years. The whole point of auto is just set the temp you want and that's what you get?
I don't use auto HVAC because I want control over the fan speed, which vents are being used, whether A/C is on, and whether the heat comes on. When I first got the car last summer, I tried auto only to find that the A/C would over-cool and then the heat would come on despite an outside temp of over 80. Also, auto was setting much higher fan speeds than I wanted. In fact, most of the time I just wanted the fan on '1' or '2' to bring in outside air, neither cooled nor heated. In the winter, I found that I liked to keep the heated seat on continuously at the lowest setting with the temp set to 64 and the fan set to '1'. Turning on auto didn't give me that.

Almost same as above. Auto defaults to cabin air temp setting, treats it like gospel. If I've been out biking in 40F for 3 hours, I want the car on max heat for a few minutes to warm up my extremities, but then turn it way down because my core temp is probably high.

Cruising on road trips, we like the cabin at 66 and seat heaters on 3 or 2.

Summer is the opposite. I need cold air blowing on me for a while usually, to cool off from the heat, regardless of cabin temps. Max cool, until my body temp stabilizes. Then keep it at about 68 usually (other cars)(IDK in the Y yet, no summer driving), but wife and I like different temps blowing on us.

For us, it's not about the cabin temp, it's about the air temp blowing on us, so we need to finesse the settings to get what we want.

Auto has never worked in any car ever, for me, since it was invented. Always turn it off and leave it off, for years.

Almost same as above. Auto defaults to cabin air temp setting, treats it like gospel. If I've been out biking in 40F for 3 hours, I want the car on max heat for a few minutes to warm up my extremities, but then turn it way down because my core temp is probably high.

Summer is the opposite. I need cold air blowing on me for a while usually, to cool off from the heat, regardless of cabin temps. Max cool, until my body temp stabilizes. Then keep it at about 68 usually (other cars)(IDK in the Y yet, no summer driving), but wife and I like different temps blowing on us.

For us, it's not about the cabin temp, it's about the air temp blowing on us, so we need to finesse the settings to get what we want.

Auto has never worked in any car ever, for me, since it was invented. Always turn it off and leave it off, for years.
Not all of us can live in LA where it is 72 degrees 24/7/365 :D

• Funny
Reactions: jhn_ and OxBrew
Same as other two replies. I like to control fan speed, I want to change air circulation, change vents etc. I frequently switch between auto/manual and that turns on auto seat heater 🤦🏻

PS: If my memory serves me right, v9 (?) and v8 had full auto control over each element of climate controls like fan speed. As usual Tesla does not like it when things are working perfectly.

All of that is just adjusting temp and pointing the fan direction - non of that has anything to do with auto.

I usually find within 1-2 min, everything is stabilized. If you want it warmer, turn up temp; cooler turn down the temp. Or split for different temps. But if left for just a min or two you get to where you want

All of that is just adjusting temp and pointing the fan direction - non of that has anything to do with auto.

I usually find within 1-2 min, everything is stabilized. If you want it warmer, turn up temp; cooler turn down the temp. Or split for different temps. But if left for just a min or two you get to where you want
Well, thanks for the advice. Been doing this for exactly 40 years this year. I know what works for me.

I actually try Auto again every few months, and in about 15 minutes it's doing exactly the wrong thing with the fan, so I laugh and turn it off again.

In order to have both seat icons the HVAC must be split. I have never used split HVAC (in such small volume it is more of a gimmick than a real thing) but definitely want “split” seat warmers.

Reactions: smogne41 and DrGriz