Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of the best updates since they screwed up the UI. Finally get to add back the heated seats, defoggers
, etc to the icon bar at the bottom did the screen.

Rollout of this update seems to have completely stopped. Any ideas why? Hadn't heard any bad bugs about it yet. Was looking forward to the UI improvements.
Been waiting for it too, this sucks cause lots of ppl have been asking for this.

Anyone having map issues? My auto display is not working, staying on the satellite mode at night, and clicked on the maps to change to night. This morning it didn’t change back to satellite, also got a half black and white display. I tried every reset possible with no luck.

The dark map areas in your screenshot look like the rendering bug discussed in this thread in release 2022.4.5.21. It's the wrong background color (not satellite view or night mode).

This bug might explain why they paused the software updates.

I guess they changed something between 2017 and 2020. The only way for me to get the second seat warmer is to have a split HVAC - no matter if someone is sitting in the passenger seat or not.
Do you see passenger airbag icon change when someone is sitting in the passenger seat? Just wondering if the passenger seat sensor is not working...

Last edited:
Still waiting for 2022.12 in PA wonder how long the cycle is until everyone gets on the latest?

Tesla generally has multiple branches in field testing at a time and can take quite many weeks to get a bug fix into all the live branches. We don't know how they decide which branches to install on which cars. Maybe random.

See this post for more info, but there's no need to read the thread that follows.

Reactions: DrGriz and OliverM3
looks like 2022.12.3 is the wide release, they probably fixed the bug. Also shows an inverter remedy, wonder whats going on with that.
The recall for inverter appears to be for Model 3 specific

looks like 2022.12.3 is the wide release, they probably fixed the bug. Also shows an inverter remedy, wonder whats going on with that.