Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pushed the two scroll wheels to reset and that didn't resolve the issue. Also when I got into my car this morning the screen didn't really "wake up" and was black for awhile. It eventually "turned on" so idk. Anything else I can do?
You could try the 'wheel configuration reset' - that actually fixed a Spotify issue I was having last month! Go to Service > Wheel Config and change to either 19" or 20" wheels (the opposite of what you have), apply it, close it out and go back in and change it back.... It does some sort of short reboot.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
You could try the 'wheel configuration reset' - that actually fixed a Spotify issue I was having last month! Go to Service > Wheel Config and change to either 19" or 20" wheels (the opposite of what you have), apply it, close it out and go back in and change it back.... It does some sort of short reboot.
I will try that too. Not sure if I need to disconnect the 12v and HV battery to reset also. My guess is it's some config/software issue and not an actual hardware/part problem.

Finally installing 2022.12.3.1 from 2022.8.3
I know it's not supposed to make a difference, but I was getting a little impatient - so I rebooted the car and it saw the update..
Looking forward to the fixed UI options. Fingers crossed everything else is okay. Will have to watch for autopilot nags or audio issues.

I don't follow your wording. Is there a shutdown option in the service menu?
Do you have access to the Owner's Manual?

Powering Off​

When you finish driving, shift into Park by pressing the button on the end of the drive stalk. When you leave Model Y with your phone key and key fob, it powers off automatically, turning off the touchscreen.
Model Y also powers off automatically after being in Park for 15 minutes, even if you are sitting in the driver’s seat.
Although usually not needed, you can power off Model Y while sitting in the driver’s seat, provided the vehicle is not moving. Touch Controls > Safety > Power Off. Model Y automatically powers back on again if you press the brake pedal or touch the touchscreen.

Reactions: OliverM3
Yeah my car had a deep sleep last night so maybe another today will help lol. Could just be one of those weird reset things
I was mistaken as @DanDi58 said it's on the Safety menu I thought it was on service. I just went and checked mine and I do have the subwoofer slider still and it does increase and decrease the bass so I guess mine works. I'll have to try autopilot on the way home I heard someone say that didn't work after the 2022.12.3.1 for them.
Added the seats to my icons might as well since it doesn't take up space. To bad people in hotter climates can't utilize the seat space for something else.

2022.12.3.1: almost everything works. Audio all good, rear hatch opening right, basic AP is working great.

Only minor thing is new steering wheel heat icon on the bar does not trigger the heater unless HVAC is on. Once HVAC is on, and heater toggled, then it seems to work in all cases.

Also: defrost/defog icons work right, with HVAC off, and leaving the HVAC on after switching off the defroster (if HVAC was off at first) makes sense to me. In defrosting/defogging conditions, once the windows are clear, probably good to keep the heat on to keep them clear.

Only minor thing is new steering wheel heat icon on the bar does not trigger the heater unless HVAC is on. Once HVAC is on, and heater toggled, then it seems to work in all cases.
This was exactly the issue with the defogger/defroster in the previous version. Hopefully, they will fix it in the next one.
I maybe nitpicking here but the only way to use the steering wheel warmer is if it is on the launchpad. I do not use it much and prefer for it to stay off of the launchpad. However, pressing the “…” shows only the entertainment options. The steering wheel warmer is visible only when editing the launchpad.

I just went and checked mine and I do have the subwoofer slider still and it does increase and decrease the bass so I guess mine works. I'll have to try autopilot on the way home I heard someone say that didn't work after the 2022.12.3.1 for them.
Yep mine has those sliders now. I didn't even know they were a thing until you mentioned it bc this morning I did not have them but now I do. I had no issues with autopilot on my 30 mile commute to work today.

Reactions: OliverM3
This was exactly the issue with the defogger/defroster in the previous version. Hopefully, they will fix it in the next one.
I maybe nitpicking here but the only way to use the steering wheel warmer is if it is on the launchpad. I do not use it much and prefer for it to stay off of the launchpad. However, pressing the “…” shows only the entertainment options. The steering wheel warmer is visible only when editing the launchpad.
You can still use the icon in the HVAC settings, (right in the center, v10 was sooooo much better) if you ever did want it. (I love it, I have poor circulation in my fingertips from skiing, really helps).