Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There, was that so hard?
PXL_20220428_162712264~2.jpg

Nice to get my important controls back. Could've really used that heat seater button all winter, but I should live in the present and be thankful!
Also, the browser is almost twice as fast. Nice to be able to use TeslaWaze and weather data much easier. I can even use my townships "active incidents" map.

I just got the upgrade for 2022.12.3.1. I now have room for 5 apps in the Favorites bar (on 2020 MS vertical screen). Nice, even though it looks like 6 would fit.

Front Defroster: Check.
Rear Defroster: Check.
Left Seat Heater: Check.
Right Seat Heater: Missing! What?

I guess I'll be waiting for 2022.12.4.

Last edited:
I just got the upgrade for 2022.12.3.1. I now have room for 5 apps in the Favorites bar (on 2020 MS vertical screen). Nice, even though it looks like 6 would fit.

Front Defroster: Check.
Rear Defroster: Check.
Left Seat Heater: Check.
Right Seat Heater: Missing! What?

I guess I'll be waiting for 2022.12.4.
It shows up when you have a passenger, or if you split the controls. -ish

sometimes it sticks around after un splitting.

nothing seems consistent about it though, and varies among models, apparently

Huh? I'm talking about the Seat Heater, not the air heating controls.

Also, I'm talking about moving the Right Seat Heater icon from the pop up window to my Favorites bar, not trying to turn on the heater. FWIW, I tried sitting in the passenger seat, but it still didn't show up
Yeah if the vents are off when there's no passenger the seat heater icon doesn't show up either. Have someone sit there.

Reactions: redmunds

Also, I'm talking about moving the Right Seat Heater icon from the pop up window to my Favorites bar, not trying to turn on the heater. FWIW, I tried sitting in the passenger seat, but it still didn't show up
It makes no sense, but in our 9/21 build Model Y, the passenger's new bottom bar custom seat heater control shows up differently depending on HVAC temp split settings, and passenger presence.

For vertical screens, it seems even more messed up. No consistency has emerged yet that I've been able to understand. That's why I said -ish.

Reactions: Boza and redmunds

It only shows up when it identifies someone sitting in the passenger seat. If you turn on the passenger vent, the seat icon will show up as well, even if it's just you in the car.

I am still working through the logic of the passenger seat warmer icon in 2020 MS. Definitely shows up in split HVAC even without a passenger in the seat. It also shows up sometimes in a non-split HVAC but it does not seem 100% dependent on someone in the passenger seat.
Oh, the joy of troubleshooting Tesla software!
It could be software or hardware. Make sure the passenger seat sensor works as intended. When someone sits in the passenger seat the airbag icon should show it.

Just got 2022.12.3.1 yesterday after work I was waiting a while myself. Now waiting for the trunk fix version to roll out. I'll have to add the seat heaters didn't realize they do not take up the other 5 slots.
My car wants to install 2022.12.3.2. I wonder if the trunk bug is fixed in that one; I'm still on the release before that bug was introduced and I refuse to install anything else until it's actually been fixed.

My car wants to install 2022.12.3.2. I wonder if the trunk bug is fixed in that one; I'm still on the release before that bug was introduced and I refuse to install anything else until it's actually been fixed.
nope 2022.12.16 fixes the trunk. only reason do go 2022.12 is if you really want to move seat heaters and climate controls to the dock. It also introduces a dashcam bug as well the red x constantly appears as unavailable. Going to try to reformat the usb stick on a computer someone reported success formatting it slow with exFat. The trunk doesn't bother me as much as the dashcam. You never know when you're going to need that footage so that constantly failing to record is really bad.

Oh man, wtf??? The yoke buzz is back today. Just as loud as before. Reset the car, still here. What the hell? It was totally gone all day yesterday, even with a restart to confirm....
Any luck on getting rid of it again? I am on 2022.12.3.2. The infamous yoke buzz has always been there.

On the bright side, at least service center fixed the steering clicking noise stemming from an under-torqued bash plate. The yoke buzz and cubby light are the only two remaining items I care about. I honestly feel both could/should be fixed via software.

Oh, and having the energy app for the refreshed S would be nice too. :)

Any luck on getting rid of it again? I am on 2022.12.3.2. The infamous yoke buzz has always been there.

On the bright side, at least service center fixed the steering clicking noise stemming from an under-torqued bash plate. The yoke buzz and cubby light are the only two remaining items I care about. I honestly feel both could/should be fixed via software.

Oh, and having the energy app for the refreshed S would be nice too. :)
The cubby light can be fixed at the service center. They need to replace some switches. Mine is there now, hopefully having that fixed.

I also asked them to either try reflashing my yoke MCU or replacing the yoke to the newest version. The latest one seems much quieter, even though it still buzzes. Eventually yes, they can definitely fix this buzz in software easily.

Reactions: paulchou