Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cubby light can be fixed at the service center. They need to replace some switches. Mine is there now, hopefully having that fixed.

I also asked them to either try reflashing my yoke MCU or replacing the yoke to the newest version. The latest one seems much quieter, even though it still buzzes. Eventually yes, they can definitely fix this buzz in software easily.
Let me know when you get your cubby light fixed. Mine was in the shop for that issue for well over 4 days in the past but apparently finding those exact switches was tough. I asked for my Tesla back as it was just collecting dust w no progress made.

Now I’ve seen completed service ticket but it describes in generic terms of “flipping switches”, which is not specific enough.

From what my favorite local technician told me, Tesla did not even provide wiring diagrams for the new cubby so they were in the blind. Also, Nelson was able to flip a couple of switches and fixed that issue, but a new problem appeared - everything else is now flipped. 🙃

Bottom line, would be great to know which exact switches to flip when you finally get it fixed. Thanks.

May be my imagination, but it does seem like auto windshield wipers and auto headlights seem to be working better since 12.3.2. I drove in terrible rain early last week and the headlights didn't come on until I turned them on myself. This week, after 3.2, close to perfect. Same with wipers.

Something is screwy on 12.3.3. A few days ago I noticed my iPhone volume cuts in and out - I thought it was a media specific issue until I realized the sound actually went to my Tesla's bluetooth. I am a good 15-20 feet away from my car, with a wall in between. And the Tesla is locked.

Also, since yesterday I thought I heard this low bass music playing - I now just verified that it was coming from my Tesla. Again, door is locked.

I never had any issues until 12.3.3. I think something is wrong w/ the bluetooth and/or location id - it somehow thinks I am inside the car even though I am a good 10-15 feet away w/ wall in between, no less.

Something is screwy on 12.3.3. A few days ago I noticed my iPhone volume cuts in and out - I thought it was a media specific issue until I realized the sound actually went to my Tesla's bluetooth. I am a good 15-20 feet away from my car, with a wall in between. And the Tesla is locked.

Also, since yesterday I thought I heard this low bass music playing - I now just verified that it was coming from my Tesla. Again, door is locked.

I never had any issues until 12.3.3. I think something is wrong w/ the bluetooth and/or location id - it somehow thinks I am inside the car even though I am a good 10-15 feet away w/ wall in between, no less.

Upon further investigation, I found at least part of the issues described above to be related to the rear screen wake bug as documented here by me:

I am curious if anyone else can reproduce it.

Another uninteresting update

Attachments

• 2022.12.3.3.jpg
    2022.12.3.3.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: OliverM3
How do you get this screen with more info moved to the bottom, two digital twins, and no map? Or is this a photo composite?
I had that thought, and then looked closer: It's an S, so it's the screen behind the steering wheel, I'm assuming.

S/X are the other side of the tracks from 3/Y. I have a score card: in my white Y I wave at every Tesla. About 75% of 3/Y wave back. Until now, after 8? months, 0% of S/X drivers wave back. I assume it's because you can't be bothered to associate with us poors, we're not real Tesla owners. lol.

S/X are the other side of the tracks from 3/Y. I have a score card: in my white Y I wave at every Tesla. About 75% of 3/Y wave back. Until now, after 8? months, 0% of S/X drivers wave back. I assume it's because you can't be bothered to associate with us poors, we're not real Tesla owners. lol.

It's not that at all. It's that many S/X owners have been doing that since the beginning, and the novelty has just worn off after a few years. :)

All you 3/Y folks are noobs, so let your freak flags fly! (j/k)

I had that thought, and then looked closer: It's an S, so it's the screen behind the steering wheel, I'm assuming.

If you waved at me I definitely would’ve waved back.

Two weeks ago I gave some homeless person money and he told me that was the first time anyone in a Tesla gave him anything.

I suppose how 3/Y owners feel about S/X owners is how general ppl feel about Tesla owners…😢

If you waved at me I definitely would’ve waved back.

Two weeks ago I gave some homeless person money and he told me that was the first time anyone in a Tesla gave him anything.

I suppose how 3/Y owners feel about S/X owners is how general ppl feel about Tesla owners…😢
I'm actually just joking, obviously. What's wild is everyone I know with Teslas, maybe 10 people, mix of all models, are really generous decent people.

I really think people don't see me, and I've only waved at maybe 6-8 S/X and like 75 3/Y, so I apologize. I would edit that bit out of the post if I could, unreasonably snarky.

I feel really lucky to be able to own a Y, I don't take it for granted.

Picked up my M3 at the service center a few hours ago and there was an update for 12.3.3 ready for download. Went ahead and let it update before heading home. While driving home on the Interstate, low and behold PAHNTOM BRAKING IS BACK! WTF? Now I see that 12.3.12 is in the queue? 😖

How do you get this screen with more info moved to the bottom, two digital twins, and no map? Or is this a photo composite?
Just opened the door :) Yes, it is the instrument cluster screen of MS.

Anyway, the two cars were the same color before V11. Now, they are strikingly different. I am wondering which one is mine and when they will find this bug.

Did you ever get your cubby light issue fixed? I am scheduled to take it in next week (for the 3rd time).
No, they made it worse. They replaced my entire console, but the new one is broken and the cup holders don't slide right. The light is still wrong. And now I've got the new tiny cupholders. They said they are going to replace it again, but they are on a service hold on the consoles. They have to wait for some higher up approval to let them know when they can fix them again.

• Informative
Reactions: paulchou