Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1.1 is now rolling out globally.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished updating my 2022 March build Model Y Performance.
- The sound in the browser works again.
- No USB errors. I didn't need to unplug/plug back USB devices.
- SoC predictions will be more accurate according to the notes. It calculates wind speed, wind direction, etc now.
- AP max speed is 85 mph.
- The release notes have nothing about using regular brakes to compensate for low regen. No option is available either.
Everything else looks the same as before.

Well if you want to know, the update knocked my dash cam and sentry mode out. Said no USB drive detected.
I had to unplug the drive then plug it back in.
So I don't know if your issue will be fixed or not.

Just finished updating my 2022 March build Model Y Performance.
- The sound in the browser works again.
- No USB errors. I didn't need to unplug/plug back USB devices.
- SoC predictions will be more accurate according to the notes. It calculates wind speed, wind direction, etc now.
- AP max speed is 85 mph.
- The release notes have nothing about using regular brakes to compensate for low regen. No option is available either.
Everything else looks the same as before.
Just updated my MY to 2022.16.1.1 and did not get anything about regular brakes to compensate for low regen either. Contacted local Tesla Service Centre and they checked some other Teslas which have the upgrade and reported none of them had it either. Suggested it was actually not in this update but should come soon????

Reactions: buddhafree
My car came with 2022.11.101 which has been great - everything works and with 3600+km of mixed driving the AP has been great - zero issues w/ phantom braking etc. No problems.

Has anyone seen any new issues with 2022.16.1.1 / any regrets? Don't want to mess with a good thing

Last edited:
From what I was told at a SC, that's for older cars that you could adjust the regen. They said newer cars already does that and there is not option, but Tesla techs have been wrong in the past.
That’s questionable, and likely wrong. My 06/2018 isn’t the oldest Model 3 but certainly one of them. No regen changes mentioned when I moved to 2022.16.1.1. I have the HW3 upgrade if that matters, but others here with HW2.5 say they don’t see a regen change either.

That’s questionable, and likely wrong. My 06/2018 isn’t the oldest Model 3 but certainly one of them. No regen changes mentioned when I moved to 2022.16.1.1. I have the HW3 upgrade if that matters, but others here with HW2.5 say they don’t see a regen change either.
Believe uscbusfan was talking about different things... Old software has settings for amount of regen, now it's gone on newer versions.
The latest change supposedly on 2022.16 would be a new setting for mechanical brake to be automatically applied when regen brake is limited (e.g. cold battery).
However, seems this feature isn't delivered with 2022.16

Reactions: GtiMart
I got 2022.16.1.1 yesterday. Have had the car for 7 days. I had a short 200 mile road trip this past weekend and had 1 phantom brake incident. I hope you're wrong that you have more now. They have to get a handle on it!
People were saying that about phantom braking 4 years ago when I got my car. If it was easy to solve they would have by now. Don't hold your breath.

How come my software status only last checked 9 Jun 18:24?

No matter I go in and out, it goes checking...... then the status sticked at 9 Jun.
It's a bug that many are experiencing -- see this thread: