Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bricked my charge port door, it won't open after the update. I can hear the motors but port door doesn't swing open. Tried via pushing on the door, touchscreen and app, no luck. Was able to open by pulling manually after I heard the motor, but doesn't seem like a good solution as there was some resistance.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Just bricked my charge port door, it won't open after the update. I can hear the motors but port door doesn't swing open. Tried via pushing on the door, touchscreen and app, no luck. Was able to open by pulling manually after I heard the motor, but doesn't seem like a good solution as there was some resistance.
I believe there is some sort of release tab in the trunk. Also get it to service soon.

Reactions: pa290
Is the release tab in the trunk just to release the charging cord when it’s locked in? Or does it also open the charging port when it won’t open?

Anyone else having issues after the update? It downloaded for my car but now I’m holding off installing it. Happy install stories appreciated 😁

Reactions: buddhafree
Is the release tab in the trunk just to release the charging cord when it’s locked in? Or does it also open the charging port when it won’t open?

Anyone else having issues after the update? It downloaded for my car but now I’m holding off installing it. Happy install stories appreciated 😁
The release is for the charging cable only

Manually Releasing Charge Cable​

If the usual methods for releasing a charge cable from the charge port (using the charge handle release button, touchscreen, or mobile app) do not work, carefully follow these steps:
  1. Ensure that Model 3 is not actively charging by displaying the charging screen on the touchscreen. If necessary, touch Stop Charging.
  2. Open the rear trunk.
  3. Pull the charge port's release cable downwards to unlatch the charge cable.
  4. Pull the charge cable from the charge port.

I had a similar problem a while back. I can hear the actuator but the door doesn’t open. It turned out to be a tiny misalignment of the door against the quarter panel. In hot weather the different in expansion between plastic and metal was enough to get the door stuck against the panel. Used a screwdriver to open it and sandpaper to remove a tiny part of the panel. No issues since.