Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1.2 Radio Scroll Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got it to work somewhat by removing Spotify favorites. When I pushed the left scroll wheel to the right while on a radio station it would go to a song on Spotify that was favorited. I clicked the heart to deselect it, then scroll wheel to the right and the next favorited song from that artist would come up. So I went through and unfavorited those. Went to a radio station and then pushing the scroll wheel to the right would go to a station or two and then jump to a favorited Spotify song.

So removed all of those and tried again and it would change a station or two and then go back to Spotify. So I went through and unfavorited quite a few songs and artists. Not sure how many or if I have more left to unfavorite but after undoing those I was able to get the left scroll wheel to go back and forth through my favorite radio stations again. There may be a point where it will jump to Spotify again but I didn't find it yet.

Well if you go all the way to the left to your first favorited radio station, that definitely jumps to Spotify if you scroll one more time to the left.

But at least I can scroll through most of my stations again. What a dumb change they made or maybe it was just a bug. But if I'm on the radio source it shouldn't have anything to do with my Spotify favorites right!? And I shouldn't have to unfavorite everything in Spotify to scroll through stations! Hopefully fixed soon.
How do you remove Spotify favorites?

Some good news after the update. The last several updates have caused issues with my trunk opening and closing or opening DURING the update. I am happy to report that 2022.16.2 did NOT cause any problems with the trunk. At least that's one bit of good news.:confused:

It switches to streaming Spotify which I don’t have and just interrupts all sources of music.

You can disable sources that you aren't using. See the "Media" section on the Owner's Manual for how to configure "sources."

What's also confusing with the next/previous buttons is they don't update the screen to show the current source and station/song. When it changes sources, it's hard to find out which source it switched to; much more screen interaction than I want to mess with while driving. When it doesn't change sources, you still might have to scroll either direction to find the current item in the list of stations/songs. This also happens when it just moves on to playing the next song.

Reactions: RNHurt and SDRick
You can disable sources that you aren't using. See the "Media" section on the Owner's Manual for how to configure "sources."

What's also confusing with the next/previous buttons is they don't update the screen to show the current source and station/song. When it changes sources, it's hard to find out which source it switched to; much more screen interaction than I want to mess with while driving. When it doesn't change sources, you still might have to scroll either direction to find the current item in the list of stations/songs. This also happens when it just moves on to playing the next song.

Yes, very clunky almost to the point of being non-functional in it's current state.

One of the members suggested to press the left scroll wheel twice, but on the 2nd press hold it. That works for me to scroll through my favorite stations. I tried to open a service ticket, Tesla service gives me an estimate of $289 to replace the left scroll wheel! What a rip off for Tesla to introduce a bug and then make money off of customers to pay for service that does nothing.

I also have this issue. I created a service ticket about it. At first a virtual agent told me to reset the radio, which I did, and it did not fix the issue.

Since the reboot did not fix it, the virtual agent said a mobile service cannot fix this issue and changes it to a physical appointment at a service center. Which i responded that others are having the same issue and it's not hardware issue, so I'm not sure what physically going to the dealership is going to so. They have yet to respond to that message.

I which they went back to how presets worked in V10, this mixing presents and recants together is terrible and very distracting to use.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Since the reboot did not fix it, the virtual agent said a mobile service cannot fix this issue and changes it to a physical appointment at a service center. Which i responded that others are having the same issue and it's not hardware issue, so I'm not sure what physically going to the dealership is going to so. They have yet to respond to that message.
It is also baffling to me that they do not know that this is a problem. Typical of any customer service. They are out of touch with the world. It started ONLY with the latest update for multiple people, yet they either deny it had anything to do with the update or this is the first they are hearing about it.

Anyone else still having issues even after the 16.3 update?

If I don't have Spotify enabled as a source I can go through the favorite stations just fine, but as soon as I add my Spotify account, the long press on the "advance" button (2017 S) will randomly go to some Spotify playlist instead of staying in the "streaming" (Slacker) stations.