Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1.2 Radio Scroll Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems very inconsistent. Adding/ removing Spotify gave back some of the station scrolling ability. But it will randomly leap into a different favorite source. To clarify. Previous functionality was : listening to Radio, short left/right on left scroll wheel changed stations, long left/right on left scroll wheel changed sources. TESLA PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

The annoying thing for me is I don't have premium connectivity (we only sign up for it in months where we're doing a lot of travelling) and instead of letting me switch radio stations it just takes me to the "you don't have Premium Connectivity enabled" screen. I guess I will try to remove the spotify account if I can figure out how.

Well I got it to work somewhat by removing Spotify favorites. When I pushed the left scroll wheel to the right while on a radio station it would go to a song on Spotify that was favorited. I clicked the heart to deselect it, then scroll wheel to the right and the next favorited song from that artist would come up. So I went through and unfavorited those. Went to a radio station and then pushing the scroll wheel to the right would go to a station or two and then jump to a favorited Spotify song.

So removed all of those and tried again and it would change a station or two and then go back to Spotify. So I went through and unfavorited quite a few songs and artists. Not sure how many or if I have more left to unfavorite but after undoing those I was able to get the left scroll wheel to go back and forth through my favorite radio stations again. There may be a point where it will jump to Spotify again but I didn't find it yet.

Well if you go all the way to the left to your first favorited radio station, that definitely jumps to Spotify if you scroll one more time to the left.

But at least I can scroll through most of my stations again. What a dumb change they made or maybe it was just a bug. But if I'm on the radio source it shouldn't have anything to do with my Spotify favorites right!? And I shouldn't have to unfavorite everything in Spotify to scroll through stations! Hopefully fixed soon.

Reactions: Transformer