Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1 rolling out in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My inventory car and @Chickenlips have both had our cars held until the fix is out. Tesla specifically told me they cannot lawfully release any EAP/FSD cars until the fix is released. Moreover, they said this applies to new cars about to land in Europe too.

Edit: We've both had to wait 3-4 weeks. @Chickenlips had already paid in full and was told he/she couldn't collect 48 hours before he/she was due to collect. I escalated my situation to the UK Sales Manager and they apologised, but said there was nothing they could do. We both have been given the 13th as the day the cars will be available. There is another on these forums in the same position. I forget their name.

• Informative
Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
My inventory car and @Chickenlips have both had our cars held until the fix is out. Tesla specifically told me they cannot lawfully release any EAP/FSD cars until the fix is released. Moreover, they said this applies to new cars about to land in Europe too.

Edit: We've both had to wait 3-4 weeks. @Chickenlips had already paid in full and was told he/she couldn't collect 48 hours before he/she was due to collect. I escalated my situation to the UK Sales Manager and they apologised, but said there was nothing they could do. We both have been given the 13th as the day the cars will be available. There is another on these forums in the same position. I forget their name.
If I remember, you’d grabbed a new inventory MY?

I’m not sure which is worse, Tesla shipping an illegal feature for years or the regulator taking so long to realise (and I’m making no judgement on whether it’s a stupid exclusion, it is what it is). I wonder if Tesla would have acted quicker if there were 50k deliveries on hold because of it, or maybe they’re targeting resolution for when the bulk arrive starting next week.

If I remember, you’d grabbed a new inventory MY?

I’m not sure which is worse, Tesla shipping an illegal feature for years or the regulator taking so long to realise (and I’m making no judgement on whether it’s a stupid exclusion, it is what it is). I wonder if Tesla would have acted quicker if there were 50k deliveries on hold because of it, or maybe they’re targeting resolution for when the bulk arrive starting next week.
Yes, near-new inventory. I agree totally. It's a strange one, but they find themselves in a pickle. They do seem confident they will have the cars patched for Monday and the other message they gave was they would prioritise cars they want to get on the road. Fingers crossed!

What would be especially annoying is if this 3-4 week delay overruns a previously acquired trade-in price, as I can imagine it could easily do for a lot of people. I don't imagine Tesla would be particularly receptive to honouring it past the 60 day period because of this, which has been forced upon them, when they can sell your car several times over anyway.

Reactions: Lee Davis
You can buy a car with EAP and FSD too. They tell you after you enter your credit card 'when' you can have it. :)
What I’m saying is I can upgrade my existing car (not buy a new car) to EAP. It’s not a convincing argument to say my car is already delivered, Tesla would still be selling EAP and that appears to be technically illegal.

If an existing registered cars was exempt in the short term, why would CPO/Tesla used deliveries be on hold too.

Now If the situation is if I tried and it wouldn’t enable until the software update with the fix, then Tesla could have let you buy your car without EAP and said they’d enable it later. You’d possibly accept that suggestion.

Things don’t make sense logically which usually means there’s more to the story than we’re being told.

What I’m saying is I can upgrade my existing car
No, I understood you. I was saying you can buy a new one 'tongue in cheek'

Now If the situation is if I tried and it wouldn’t enable until the software update with the fix, then Tesla could have let you buy your car without EAP and said they’d enable it later. You’d possibly accept that suggestion.
Yes, I've emailed the Reading team this morning to confirm everything is good for releasing the car to me on Monday. If they raise any issues over the new release, which from other threads appears to be buggy, I will ask for EAP to be removed so I can have the car and EAP installed again later. I did ask for this previously and they refused. Let's see what happens from here...