Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.1 rolling out in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should include some other fixes as well. Trunk fix? Sentry fix? Let's hope.
Tesla told me that the boot issue SHOULD be fixed. They've tweaked the sensitivity of the sensor on the boot but it may require recalibrating after the update (opening the boot fully and holding down the button).

The unmounting issue was fixed in 2022.16.0.2 but I'm not sure if that fix will be in this branch. It may be merged in a future update but I don't have any information about this so we'll have to wait and see.

It’s not true that there’s only one car showing on TeslaFi that has it? Do they have a secret VIP only firmware page?

74937C7B-BED7-4DEC-81DF-1606E65A7651.png

Which bit is wrong? The “test car”? Or the number 1 meaning something else?

Reactions: Lee Davis
It’s not true that there’s only one car showing on TeslaFi that has it? Do they have a secret VIP only firmware page?

View attachment 813583

Which bit is wrong? The “test car”? Or the number 1 meaning something else?
One vehicle on TeslaFi doesn't mean much. There is also a vehicle on Nikolai and I know of an owner in Germany and Norway who have the update. Drive Tesla also has a reader with the update.

One vehicle on TeslaFi doesn't mean much. There is also a vehicle on Nikolai and I know of an owner in Germany and Norway who have the update. Drive Tesla also has a reader with the update.
Yeah, but I said "only 1 car (on TeslaFi) has it". I didn't say "only 1 car in the whole wide world has it". And you said what I had said was "not true in the slightest", which was wrong. As things stand now, there is 1 car showing on TeslaFi that has it. That's the only point I was making.

You obviously have a greater insight to this stuff than me, I was just making a point about "general availability" which is what TeslaFi indicates.

Yeah, but I said "only 1 car (on TeslaFi) has it". I didn't say "only 1 car in the whole wide world has it". And you said what I had said was "not true in the slightest", which was wrong. As things stand now, there is 1 car showing on TeslaFi that has it. That's the only point I was making.

You obviously have a greater insight to this stuff than me, I was just making a point about "general availability" which is what TeslaFi indicates.
Yes, apologises for the abruptness. Referring to the "test car" bit - the car on TeslaFi is an employee vehicle and is breaking their TOS by using TeslaFi. Unfortunately as it's a standard OAuth token to log into TeslaFi, Tesla have no way to knowing which employees use third party services like TeslaFi so usually employee accounts are cleared of tokens if multiple internal builds are detected on third party services.

But, there are members of the public (and test drive vehicles) currently on the latest firmware which is 2022.16.1.1 which should be the version rolling out to the public BUT due to the delay in rolling it out wider, Im guessing Tesla have found some issues with the firmware.

There is also an owner in Australia with the firmware which is stranger as we thought Europe was being prioritised.

Whilst TeslaFi is a good source of when things are generally rolling out, myself and most people I know don't use services as you can do anything with the vehicle from a single token. It's scary and I wouldn't trust any third party services personally.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Just out of interest
Yes, apologises for the abruptness. Referring to the "test car" bit - the car on TeslaFi is an employee vehicle and is breaking their TOS by using TeslaFi. Unfortunately as it's a standard OAuth token to log into TeslaFi, Tesla have no way to knowing which employees use third party services like TeslaFi so usually employee accounts are cleared of tokens if multiple internal builds are detected on third party services.

But, there are members of the public (and test drive vehicles) currently on the latest firmware which is 2022.16.1.1 which should be the version rolling out to the public BUT due to the delay in rolling it out wider, Im guessing Tesla have found some issues with the firmware.

There is also an owner in Australia with the firmware which is stranger as we thought Europe was being prioritised.

Whilst TeslaFi is a good source of when things are generally rolling out, myself and most people I know don't use services as you can do anything with the vehicle from a single token. It's scary and I wouldn't trust any third party services personally.
Just out of interest, how do you know this?

Just out of interest

Just out of interest, how do you know this?
Which part?

The Tesla on TeslaFi received both updates before they went public and got both versions back-to-back within 24 hours. This means that Tesla manually rolled out the update to that vehicle, meaning it's an employee vehicle. Early access doesn't exist in Europe so it couldn't be anything else. Using third party services is against the TOS. I work closely with some Tesla UK employees but I also know 2 European employees and 1 US employee from whom I receive the firmware files.

I know that members of the public have received the update as I've spoken to them and received the release notes.

Same as above with the Australian owner.

The last part is common knowledge.

Any thoughts as to what is holding it up?

It's been said on other threads that Tesla won't deliver cars with EAP/FSD in Europe (UK) until this (or a later one that also has the UNECE fix) firmware has been deployed to them. That seems like an extreme reaction to me, but I don't know the legalities with stuff like this - i.e. whether Tesla could be fined for knowingly delivering cars with now-prohibited functionality in Europe.

It's been said on other threads that Tesla won't deliver cars with EAP/FSD in Europe (UK) until this (or a later one that also has the UNECE fix) firmware has been deployed to them. That seems like an extreme reaction to me, but I don't know the legalities with stuff like this - i.e. whether Tesla could be fined for knowingly delivering cars with now-prohibited functionality in Europe.
It's a non-compliance recall unfortunately so Tesla legally cannot deliver vehicles with EAP/FSD until the firmware is ready. Not sure what's holding it up though, there are definitely vehicles around with the changes that seem to be fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel

I’ve not seen anyone in the U.K. area say their delivery has been held up because of this. Lack of cars yes, but not this. Did I miss something?