Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.2 update - has the self driving visualisation improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with the recent update, while I've noticed the updated visuals on the self driving visualtion (more detailed cars and bikes etc), arrows on the road. But does anyone else think it's also detecting cars and objects better? I feel like it's picking up more cars, and cars further away, better than it used too. Or am I just full self visualising (see what I did there 😎) this?

I also believe it is picking up cars further away. OTOH, it appears to only display the closest ones, and ignore others that are in sight but further away. May be camera angles, but the windscreen camera should see everything I do, plus some...

Cheers.
Also, seems your 'shelf' has some mates.
20220716_085207.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Transformer
I've noticed that it picks up vehicles further away as well, which I definitely like. Now if it would just show cars behind me sooner, instead of just off my back bumper, that'd be great too.

The visualization has improved. After the initial novelty of it, I stopped paying much attention to the visualizations.

Lately, I noticed that the nearby jerky and disappearing/reappearing cars were gone. So, I decided to see if the visualizations could be useful for detecting cars in the blind spots of my car. I must say that it does this pretty well. It will only display cars in the lanes adjacent to the car. Any cars 2 lanes over do not appear. One car did pass on my right that the visualizatio did not display. I then noticed that a 3 ft wide bicycle lane separated us. The computer probably mistook the bicycle lane for a regular travel lane and thought the passing car was 2 lanes over. I am going to continue to watch the visualisation for blind spot detections during my driving, in addition to using the cameras and mirrors, to see if it is totally reliable