Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16.3 Bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SaloonGoon

2020 PD3+ 2021 PDY 2019 AUDI R8P
Nov 12, 2019
Bay Area
My wife and I, as well as some friends, have noticed some annoying bugs after the latest update. My Bluetooth microphone, AP, and voice commands work intermittently. Soft and hard reboots are only temp fixes.

Anyone else experience this?

I have also been experiencing this. No voice commands are understood, and while music plays without issue and I can hear callers over Bluetooth, they don’t hear me. I also got everything working with a two button reset, but the problem returned immediately on the next drive. Now even the reset isn’t helping. Not being able to use my iPhone in the car as a phone is problematic. Mobile devices are illegal in NY if used by the driver while in motion. I thought maybe it was simply the car’s microphone connection gone wonky, but evidently it’s Tesla’s update causing the problem. What now?

Reactions: SaloonGoon
I have had these issues sporadically since I've had the car for 2.5 years now so I don't believe they come from the update. Voice commands require the network connection... sometimes they just don't work, just like the music streaming sometimes fails. The network connectivity isn't bulletproof so it causes this type of problem.
Bluetooth is problematic whatever the vehicle you have. Sometimes my phone doesn't "pair" with the car when I get in, I have to do it manually. It's probably just 5% of the time but it happens. It's always been that way.

I have had these issues sporadically since I've had the car for 2.5 years now so I don't believe they come from the update. Voice commands require the network connection... sometimes they just don't work, just like the music streaming sometimes fails. The network connectivity isn't bulletproof so it causes this type of problem.
Bluetooth is problematic whatever the vehicle you have. Sometimes my phone doesn't "pair" with the car when I get in, I have to do it manually. It's probably just 5% of the time but it happens. It's always been that way.
My Bluetooth is paired (as I said, music from my iPhone works fine) and my premium connectivity is working fine, as does my WiFi connection when in my driveway. It is the Tesla’s microphone that seems to be the issue. Never had this issue before the latest update.

Just updated to 16.3 two nights ago. Seems ok, but charge port open is broken on the screen (both on the car and in the charge screen). Opening trunks works fine, seems to be isolated to the charge port.

Touching the charge port and the button in the handle both still work.

NBD, rarely use it anyway, just a bad look.

Elon is right, their software needs help.

So I've noticed a bug where my passenger side mirror will revert to a lower position than what I set it at previously. At first I thought maybe I had accidentally saved the lower position by mistake, but now I've observed this happening at least 3-4 times now. Not exactly sure when it was first introduced, but it was within the last couple of updates (probably with 2022.12.X.

Anyone else have this mirror bug?

Just updated to 16.3 two nights ago. Seems ok, but charge port open is broken on the screen (both on the car and in the charge screen). Opening trunks works fine, seems to be isolated to the charge port.

Touching the charge port and the button in the handle both still work.

NBD, rarely use it anyway, just a bad look.

Elon is right, their software needs help.
Charge door works now after sleeping/charging over night. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯