Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.16 to fix the boot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This boot issue is really begining to annoy me. I know on the grand scheme of things it's not important, but the number of times now I am carrying several shoulder bags plus other bags, I can just about reach the release button and it only half opens. Now I can't reach it to press again and it's not open enough to put the bags in.

With a manual boot, I'd at least have more control.

Didn't bother me until I got to about the tenth time in a row, now it's won and it's annoying me.

This boot issue is really begining to annoy me. I know on the grand scheme of things it's not important, but the number of times now I am carrying several shoulder bags plus other bags, I can just about reach the release button and it only half opens. Now I can't reach it to press again and it's not open enough to put the bags in.

With a manual boot, I'd at least have more control.

Didn't bother me until I got to about the tenth time in a row, now it's won and it's annoying me.
You can still open it like a manual boot. I sometimes have to do that when it hasn't opened up completely.

You can still open it like a manual boot. I sometimes have to do that when it hasn't opened up completely.
Right, that's what I do also sometimes when I want it higher or lower.

Note for this particular issue however, just pressing the truck open button again in the back will have it open the rest of the way. You don't have to close and reopen.

Reactions: init6
Yep. On 3rd set of struts now. And just had the following text since firing new service request off..

Good morning. A known firmware issue is causing your trunk struts to falsely detect obstacles. This issue will be resolved in update 2022.16 (no eta). Please regularly connect the car to WIFI to ensure the update downloads when it becomes available.

An appointment is not required. Please confirm receipt of this message then I will close the appointment.

Thank you for your patience.

Tesla Service.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
Opened a service ticket for the same issue and got this message now (June 21, 2022)

"Hello, this is XXXXX from Tesla's Service team!

I have looked into the operation of your trunk remotely and found that this concern is caused by a current known firmware issue. This will be resolved remotely with a future over the air firmware update. At this time, there is no physical cause or solution for your concern and all of the hardware components are functioning correctly. Once a confirmed fix has been developed, it will be implemented to your vehicle via an over the air update. At this time we do not have an ETA on when or which update will resolve the bug. In the mean time, please press the button again to raise the trunk further or please manually move the trunk up to fully extend. As an in person visit is not required at this time, is there anything else I can assist you with prior to closing this Service Request? Thank you very much."