Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.2.1 14a481af8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
China version to support the new Caraoke mics

Reactions: Stach and DBeckwith
A TeslaMic accessory for caraoke???

Please, Elon, sell me an accessory that adds physical controls for wiper speed, defogger, fan speed, and recirculation.
Then my wife wouldn't hate doing some of the driving on a road trip.
You think this is taking time and energy away from people working on AP or FSD or fixing bugs in software? The people that work on a freakin microphone don’t touch the important stuf that we all want fixed. And Elon has zero to do with something like that. Let the unimportant engineers and designers waste their time while the important ones fix what we need. Separate entity’s.

As a programmer, I know that the game & toy development takes coordination time, development effort, and QA effort away from fixing bugs, code reviews that can avoid bugs, and testing that catches implementation and usability bugs. Developers adding toys could fix the text size and contrast, enable drivers to shrink the digital twin car display, and catch design goofs like putting the dash-cam's viewer button instead of its controller button on the driving screen. Add voice commands to turn fog lights on/off and such and process them in-car. Avoid breaking the heat pump software. Make the blue/gray/white button on/off cues consistent. Add messages on screen to make chimes self-documenting. Stack display items vertically rather than overlapping. Inform the owner's manual writers about hidden features.

("Please, Elon" is just a guess at how to get through their forum-scanners.)

Last edited:
I saw this story. It looks like a step in the right direction so I really really hope a similar version gets released in North America. Unfortunately, the silly music video they made to show the UI doesn't give any details. Looks like the quick launch bottom is still the same (lousy). But baby steps.. Something's got to give.