Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.20.17 installing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my commute to a nearby town early this morning (it was still dark), FSD did much better than it has in the past.

I had one intervention… after exiting a small freeway, it was pitch black and there was a concrete guide curb to turn me onto the cross road, but no paint markings and admittedly the concrete was similar looking to the road. I subconsciously steered enough to knock the car out of FSD because I didn’t have confidence the curb was seen. In the moment I didn’t think to look at the rendering. FSD might have turned at the last minute but I didn’t have full confidence.

Otherwise really not bad. It is sometimes faster (approaching roundabouts, accelerating up to red lights) or slower (unprotected lefts) than I would be but big improvement over the last month.

i installed 2022.28.2 last night the only change listed was theater mode can be minimized which wasn't needed anyway just like most updates.
Tesla is likely not going to give the people ahead of 2022.20.x updates like you on 2022.28.x the most recent FSD Beta so they don't "lose features" in the current update of FSD Beta 2022.20.17. We are still at 2022.20. Tesla is working on getting us on the current releases, and expect more info at the Tesla event next week.

My Tesla X Plaid updated to 20.17 today and I finally got FSB. My driving score was 91(my wife's fault 🙂) but I am so happy I got it. Took first test drive, and it is pretty amazing. There was one instance where a large truck was turning from a second lane carrying a swimming pool in front of me and I had to intervene, it might have stopped but did not want to risk it :)

Reactions: mtbwalt
Agreed, think of it as the most advanced driver assist you can get right now, rather than a real autonomous driver. A low threshold to take over is required, and there is no need to stress over it. You come to be able to predict where it will have issues and perk up your interaction with it in those situations.

I had subscribed to FSD and was in the queue. I use to have a score of 94, checked few weeks ago. Today I upgraded to 2022.20.17. Now, I cant even see my score in my app profile?! The option to see my score in the app is gone! Is this related to this upgrade? Or did I get 'kicked' out of FSD queue somehow? Anyone knows?

I had subscribed to FSD and was in the queue. I use to have a score of 94, checked few weeks ago. Today I upgraded to 2022.20.17. Now, I cant even see my score in my app profile?! The option to see my score in the app is gone! Is this related to this upgrade? Or did I get 'kicked' out of FSD queue somehow? Anyone knows?
You are done with scores! You are no longer scored in the beta.

You can instead get strikes. I have yet to get one, but apparently if it alerts you about inattentiveness and you fail to correct it, it might give you a strike. It will take away FSD for the rest of your drive, and if you get 3 strikes you’re out of the beta at least for a while. Needless to say the strikes can be controversial as some claim they get dinged without adequate warning.

Enjoy the beta! If your car makes a bonehead move under FSD, you can press the little camcorder icon at the top of the screen and the video files will be dumped to the FSD team. Note, the feedback from that button is very poor, a super brief small text message pop up on the dashboard.

Reactions: joga
You are done with scores! You are no longer scored in the beta.

You can instead get strikes. I have yet to get one, but apparently if it alerts you about inattentiveness and you fail to correct it, it might give you a strike. It will take away FSD for the rest of your drive, and if you get 3 strikes you’re out of the beta at least for a while. Needless to say the strikes can be controversial as some claim they get dinged without adequate warning.

Enjoy the beta! If your car makes a bonehead move under FSD, you can press the little camcorder icon at the top of the screen and the video files will be dumped to the FSD team. Note, the feedback from that button is very poor, a super brief small text message pop up on the dashboard.
Any other way to report, that button is awfully small and for me it’s at the bottom of the screen or is it another button?

Any other way to report, that button is awfully small and for me it’s at the bottom of the screen or is it another button?
That button is the only way to report video to the FSD team, aside from just sending them an email. I agree it is not ergonomic and gives very poor feedback. Also the video files that will be uploaded from your wifi later are large.

For non-FSD bug reports you can use the voice command “report bug {brief description}”

I got this last night and now neither autosteer or cruise control work this AM. I just get error messages for either one. I have rebooted the car with no change. Am I the only one?
Had the same issue - all my animations disappeared and I couldn't even use cruise control.

Here's what worked for me:

1. Place the car in Park
2. Go into Autopilot settings and de-select Full Self Driving Beta
3. Re-select FSD beta and re-agree to the data collection/safety pop up
4. Cruise control/Autopilot/FSD beta should now be available.