Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.20.18 a step back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2022.20.18 and I am having a few new issues in FSD. Not sure if anyone else has these. The only one that is a big concern is #2.

1. While making an unprotected Left on a single lane it moves slightly right. I assume to get a better view (which it really didnt need) but it moved to the right just as a car was passing on the shoulder. The passing car was not happy, it was close!

2. It treated a red traffic light like it was a stop sign. Normal red light, on a T intersection. Light turned red the Tesla came to a full stop, There was no one in the intersection so the Tesla decided to proceed through the red.

3. Every time I approach a location where there are 2 or more traffic lights close together (~150 ft apart) the tesla slows down hard between the lights even though both light sets are green.

3. Driving on a divided freeway in FSD, set at 75 mph, the tesla will unexpectedly drop the set speed to 55. Happens at the same locations every time. There is no overpass or cross streets just straight divided highway. The speed limit is always higher than 55 so I am not sure where its getting the 55 from. It does a full regen slowdown which makes the cars behind think I am brake checking them.

Reactions: NanaimoMY
Just installed 2022.20.18 and I am having a few new issues in FSD. Not sure if anyone else has these. The only one that is a big concern is #2.

1. While making an unprotected Left on a single lane it moves slightly right. I assume to get a better view (which it really didnt need) but it moved to the right just as a car was passing on the shoulder. The passing car was not happy, it was close!

2. It treated a red traffic light like it was a stop sign. Normal red light, on a T intersection. Light turned red the Tesla came to a full stop, There was no one in the intersection so the Tesla decided to proceed through the red.

3. Every time I approach a location where there are 2 or more traffic lights close together (~150 ft apart) the tesla slows down hard between the lights even though both light sets are green.

3. Driving on a divided freeway in FSD, set at 75 mph, the tesla will unexpectedly drop the set speed to 55. Happens at the same locations every time. There is no overpass or cross streets just straight divided highway. The speed limit is always higher than 55 so I am not sure where its getting the 55 from. It does a full regen slowdown which makes the cars behind think I am brake checking them.
1. There's been a few videos showing this behavior. Hopefully it's corrected in 69.3. It does this coming out of my neighborhood onto the main road. It's like it's centering itself in the lane instead of hugging the left side before the turn.

2. That's definitely not correct behavior. Make sure you are braking when it attempts to do that and report it.

3. I have not experienced this behavior, so I cannot offer any advice or experience with it. Make sure you're reporting it.

4. This feels like a map problem or potentially a GPS issue. There are a few freeways near my under major construction, which is causing lane shifts. When the lanes shift, GPS puts me off the freeway onto a side road, so my speed drops from 65 to 45. I know exactly where it will happen, so I prepare myself and either disengage before, or have my thumb ready to wheel up the speed at that location. If your GPS is correct, then check the map data to see if there is a speed problem with that area - I believe I've read that Tesla uses TomTom maps which you can edit online. However, understand that Tesla only updates their maps once or twice a year, so there will be a delay. And, as always, make sure you're reporting it when it happens.

Every time I approach a location where there are 2 or more traffic lights close together (~150 ft apart) the tesla slows down hard between the lights even though both light sets are green
I see this. Here the two lights change at the same time. Approaching the first light goes yellow but FSDb appropriately goes through the yellow. But now the 2nd light is clearly red - FSDb runs right through it.

Even with both lights green I see the slowdown as well.

I see 4 here a lot in MD. It's like the map data is wrong. I don't fault FSDb for slowing down, it should if it truly thinks the speed limit has changed. Since I can predict when this happens on my commute, I'm ready to flick the speed wheel up the moment it happens. One flick makes it revert back to its previous speed.

I have a new one to add… I just did the update and on my way to work in the carpool lane with no other traffic nearby the car rapidly braked from 70 to 40mph. It did this several times and I ended up disengaging first FSD Beta then also “cruise control” as neither was safe. Am reporting. Pretty sure this software version is the most likely to get my car wrecked. It is like they re-released the first public beta. I will do a hard reset at work and see if that helps.

Last edited:
I have a new one to add… I just did the update and on my way to work in the carpool lane with no other traffic nearby the car rapidly braked from 70 to 40mph. It did this several times and I ended up disengaging first FSD Beta then also “cruise control” as neither was safe. Am reporting. Pretty sure this software version is the most likely to get my car wrecked. It is like they re-released the first public beta. I will do a hard reset at work and see if that helps.
Did you touch the little camera icon to report it to Tesla? No one here can help with this at all.