Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.20 .6 .7 .8 all crash and require reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since our M3 updated to these releases we get the same symptoms.

It feels as if car is accelerating (and you have to brake) I think this is because you don’t get the lift-off brake effect that we are used to, wife is adamant it is accelerating.

Screen stops responding, and won’t come back until reboot with scroll buttons

Two service requests in, one said this is a confirmed bug but no ETA; remote diagnostics scheduled for Friday.

Reason for post is, I don’t see anyone else mention this anywhere - are we *that* unique?

I’ve had 2022.20.5, 20.5.1, 20.7 and 20.8.
All downloaded and installed without bother.
The only problem noticed is the alarm issue which you may not suffer from.
car drives and brakes no differently as far as I can tell.
Have you checked the settings in both profiles. For a reason no one knows, they sometimes change…

Reactions: M3noob and Adopado
On .7 and I've noticed the following:

• Regen not kicking in sometimes (I've noticed it happens when I lift of while the wheel is turned)
  • Delay in Spotify responding to track change via scroll wheel
  • Alarm kicks off when driver door opens from sleep
  • The navigation suggests some wild routes

Reactions: M3noob and Magstauk
Thanks all, it' so weird - I've just been & checked the settings on both our profiles, still the same settings. 600 mile drive coming up, not looking forward to that if we have to reboot it frequently while driving, wife just had it happen twice in 15miles

Thanks all, it' so weird - I've just been & checked the settings on both our profiles, still the same settings. 600 mile drive coming up, not looking forward to that if we have to reboot it frequently while driving, wife just had it happen twice in 15miles
You’re description seems beyond any confirmed bug to me. If things don’t improve after a full reset (not just 2 buttons) and an overnight sleep then I would be very wary of setting out on a long trip.

On .7 and I've noticed the following:

• Regen not kicking in sometimes (I've noticed it happens when I lift of while the wheel is turned)
  • Delay in Spotify responding to track change via scroll wheel
  • Alarm kicks off when driver door opens from sleep
  • The navigation suggests some wild routes
I’m glad you noticed the Spotify delay. I think it started with 20.5 for me. It’s cured in 20.8