Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.20.6 bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest seems to have a few bugs:

1 - Dashcam set to auto is ALWAYS recording
2 - Speed limit relative (set to +10) cruise control/autopilot does not change the cruise speed when speed changes - double-tap on speed limit sign still works

At least the USB bug seems fixed.

Any others?

Reactions: GadgetGary
Dashcam always records when the car is on. The auto setting only controls when it saves video in the SavedClips folder.

For me, AP has never changed speed automatically when the speed limit changes (on the highway).

Are you sure the behavior changed as a result of the update?

The latest seems to have a few bugs:

1 - Dashcam set to auto is ALWAYS recording
2 - Speed limit relative (set to +10) cruise control/autopilot does not change the cruise speed when speed changes - double-tap on speed limit sign still works

At least the USB bug seems fixed.

Any others?
Agree on #2. Mine now intermittently changes target speed based on speed limit signs (old style...not LED). Autopilot was very good in this regard before this version. It actually changes the Max Speed displayed but AP ignores it and carries on as if there's no change.

Now after 106 software updates, I find the radio almost unusable. Things change, don’t work, work differently, options relocated, yatta, yatta. Locally I listen to one fav FM channel that I “configured” (as opposed to simply “tuned”) sitting in the car in the garage. On the road, it’s all USB drive music for me but even that seems to be harder to do than it has to be. The radio entertainment UI requires a training course…no wonder so many thread posters are clamoring for Apple Play or the Google equivalent. I dream fondly in remembrance of the relative simplicity and unchanging interface of a manual physical radio head unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonewulf45
Has this update "fixed" the USB sentry bug? I have reformatted my USB stick both in and out of the car, and even bought a new one and reformatted that one both in and out of the car but I keep getting a USB sentry error. I have been assuming it is software related. Car is updating now. Hope this fixes it as I am off on a road trip on Sunday. Thx

Did you check on the settings if it's activated or not ?
USB has vanished.
I have all my music on half of the USB stick in the glovebox but since updating to 2022.20.6 the USB icon has vanished so I cannot play my music.
Sucks
Sussed this now. It happens for a day or two every time there's a software update. Presumably, it takes that long to re-scan all the trackss I have on the USB (about 10,000)