Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seen this and a few thoughts/observations based on virtually no evidence, just speculation

- I looked at my teslamate logs and my car was waking up regularily yesterday, then seemed to stop but it stopped when I had a download waiting to be installed (2022.28.1). That said, it seems to have started to wake itself again since the update. I do recall when I got my first Model S, Tesla did let the car sleep more at night so it could also be that. The car also didn't seem to sleep at all yesterday in the day while out.. the main window being 11:30 to 12:50 when I'd have expected it to,

Untitled.jpg

-Another hunch is Tesla appear to be releasing some new API commands that from what I've read are meant to return a cached car state. Things like the tyre pressures, range etc, partly linked to the app changes we've already seen. Maybe all these changes aren't in sync yet?

But I've just opened the app to see what version I'm on and the car has woken up again.

So.. I've just gone into the app store and updated my Tesla app and thats now on 4.13.0 so we'll see what happens with both the car and app on pretty much the latest versions around.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I am having this issue as well the car is waking up and alarm is going off. Car only sleeps for 15 min at most. What did the sc say. I brought mine in today and they replaced the frunk latch caue the frunk kept popping open when it happened as well andriod phone s22 car versio is beta 10.69.2 or 2022.20.15 app ver 4.12.1
SC cancelled the appointment. The bug was cured in 2022.24.x. Mine’s fine now.

Just a data point: My Model 3 is on 2022.20.8 and iOS app is on 4.13.0 (latest). Problem started appearing as soon as I updated app to 4.12.0 (car began waking up 30-40 times per day). Since then, I've been able to let it sleep if I force-quit the Tesla app; this pattern is repeatable 100% of the time (app running = car sleeps for only typically 5-11 minutes at a time, app not running = car sleeps for hours at a stretch).

I requested a firmware update push from Tesla to see if that will fix it for me.

Just a data point: My Model 3 is on 2022.20.8 and iOS app is on 4.13.0 (latest). Problem started appearing as soon as I updated app to 4.12.0 (car began waking up 30-40 times per day). Since then, I've been able to let it sleep if I force-quit the Tesla app; this pattern is repeatable 100% of the time (app running = car sleeps for only typically 5-11 minutes at a time, app not running = car sleeps for hours at a stretch).

I requested a firmware update push from Tesla to see if that will fix it for me.
If i leave sentry mode on it does not happen because the car does not sleep. Have been doing that as my work around. Is your alarm going off as well. Mine also sleeps for max 15 min but sometimes less.

If i leave sentry mode on it does not happen because the car does not sleep. Have been doing that as my work around. Is your alarm going off as well. Mine also sleeps for max 15 min but sometimes less.
Thankfully, I don't have the car alarm problem.

Tesla did push a firmware update for me, but only to 2022.20.9 (I was on 2022.20.8). So the problem still persists for me (after the update, the car woke up 3 times in less than an hour...I force-quit the Tesla app and I'm sure the problem will go away for now). I asked them to push a newer firmware version (2022.28.2) but they said they can't push out anything beyond what the system allows for each particular car / roll-out plan.

Someone earlier suggested that maybe the problem is related to car firmware and new app features not being in sync. That's likely correct from what I've seen so far.

I'm now on 2022,28.1 and mine slept like a baby last night having not slept well before the update. Doesn't help those on earlier versions except the knowledge a fix should be on the way
Probably a bit too soon to be sure but our cars behaviour seem to be more normal the last couple of days - no changes to cars firmware, still on 2022.20.8

We have 3 phones connected to the car and unlikely they are all on latest versions so can’t predict iPhone app version interactions.

I don’t think the car’s software is the problem. My theory is the app is making a call for data that should be cached, but isn’t so the car is being woken to fetch it. It doesn’t really explain why the data isn’t being cached when fetched but I reckon the data not being cached is a symptom of the actual root cause.

I think, the issue has been resolved with the latest Tesla app update (4.13.1). Went to download the latest update when it was released Friday night and as soon as I turned the phone screen on the car woke up. Downloaded the app update, car slept for 8 hours before I left this morning.

Arrived home Saturday afternoon, installed 2022.28.1 (don’t think this was the fix) and car fell asleep. Fiddled with my phone a few times today but car has stayed asleep for 11hrs so far.

The latest update has certainly improved things. Car still wakes up seemingly randomly, but nowhere near as frequently as before. I think Tesla are trying to judge when you’re going to use the car to wake it up as you approach it, but initially went far too sensitive so the car would wake up all the time. It’s much better now, but still not perfect.
9BBF0826-4F55-487D-975C-A39192B2502B.jpeg

2022.20.12 arrived this week and comes with Tesla Vision.

So... first trip in the dark I had to turn off AP because the wipers were over-sensitive and were scraping.

Headlights all over the place.

First drive into low sun, yesterday evening, car announces speed reduced due to poor visibility and then accelerates towards the car in front requiring me to hit the brakes.

What a shambles.

Be interesting to know why when 2022.24 and 2022.28 are out. I should probably know from reading your posts but what model do you have?
LR Dec 20 Freemont. I didn't get the alarm issue that other Fremont cars had though, so some sort of change in configuration there.

I was quite surprised to get an update to this version rather than go to 24/8 Still enjoying manual control of AHB, but I might take one for the team and update to see if that changes anything. Won't be until Sunday though as my wife has the car at the moment.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Updated to 2022.20.12.1

AHB still awful. Got flashed multiple times driving yesterday evening.

This morning, two phantom braking events, one of them an alarms red steering wheel, car swerving, take control immediately panic.

Tesla Vision. It's beyond a joke.