Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m totally confused lol.

There was an update ages ago to enable data sharing from the cabin camera. My understanding was that everyone had the cabin camera, and everyone got this update. I’m pretty sure it even predated the Y being available.

This update explicitly updates this feature in some way, but “apparently” is only available on refresh S/X, which aren’t even out here yet.

What is hard to make out is whether people are seeing this specific part of the release notes on their 3 or Y. Not whatever they’ve seen the release notes on TeslaFi or whatever, whether they’ve actually been told they’ve got it, in their car, on the screen…

Because there’s been a 2022 3 owner who says they DON’T have it, as well as @Dilly with an older car, and @Tony Hoyle has it (or not?) on an Y?

Reactions: Adopado
I’m totally confused lol.

There was an update ages ago to enable data sharing from the cabin camera. My understanding was that everyone had the cabin camera, and everyone got this update. I’m pretty sure it even predated the Y being available.

This update explicitly updates this feature in some way, but “apparently” is only available on refresh S/X, which aren’t even out here yet.

What is hard to make out is whether people are seeing this specific part of the release notes on their 3 or Y. Not whatever they’ve seen the release notes on TeslaFi or whatever, whether they’ve actually been told they’ve got it, in their car, on the screen…

Because there’s been a 2022 3 owner who says they DON’T have it, as well as @Dilly with an older car, and @Tony Hoyle has it (or not?) on an Y?
I’m guessing they’re going to simply monitor the attentiveness piece for a while, and make a pitch to the National Highway Administration to use that instead of “steering wheel force”, like GM is doing. I hope…

Just to point out, there's a difference between sharing data with Tesla, for the benefit of implementing a (potentially future) feature, and using the data in the car in real time as part of the attentiveness checks (aka nag). It's perfectly possible to imagine either one without the other. EDIT: What exists in practice is another matter.

Reactions: Toblerone

Attachments

• 20220710_041042.jpg
    20220710_041042.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 82
Just to point out, there's a difference between sharing data with Tesla, for the benefit of implementing a (potentially future) feature, and using the data in the car in real time as part of the attentiveness checks (aka nag). It's perfectly possible to imagine either one without the other. EDIT: What exists in practice is another matter.
Yup, I know that. That’s sortof my point. We had an update a while ago (2021 I believe) that enabled “data sharing” for the cabin camera, with no obvious functionality change.

This latest update, as far as I know, now actually changes that to be functional - i.e. it is used in attentiveness checks, with warnings showing if you’re distracted. As I understand it this is what people on FSD beta have as well.

What I’m curious about is why some people (e.g. @Tony Hoyle) have got this feature - i.e. it shows in the release notes in the car - and others, even someone with a 2022 Model 3 - apparently haven’t.

Hope that makes sense.

Yup, it's supposed to be equivalent to tapping the speed limit sign on the touch screen, but is more convenient (IMO). You can also use a long press to engage TACC at the speed limit. It is documented in the manual now, although maybe it wasn't originally.

BTW, I meant to write: I've had AP set to engage at the current speed since day 1, but I often use long press on the stalk to set it to the speed limit.

Anyway, for whatever reason, TACC/autosteer no longer updates the set speed for me on speed limit changes. I may try changing the settings back to have it engage at the speed limit, just as an experiment.
What do mean by long press? On one of the stalk buttons?

Memtion on the cabin cameras is in versions which were 3-4 versions ago
More than that even, looks like it’s been mentioned for more than a year (the link should show all mentions)

I don’t know where these websites get their information from, from pictures I’ve seen it seems to be reverse engineering some files somewhere. Maybe the release notes are coded but the features don’t make it into the build for some reason and so the feature and release notes are never seen and just roll over into the next release which is why they appear repeatedly. I certainly don’t seem to get more than 3 or 4 of the 7 or 8 that are often mentioned.

Started downloading 2022.20.5 yesterday. Went to install it and it had been pulled. Few hours later I got 2022.16.3.

The lord acts in mysterious ways and so does Tesla. I assumed it was because I haven’t opted-in to cabin cam. Maybe not. Not all versions are cumulative, some branch to test different things. It could be having a few trunk strut issues previously means they wanted me to have .16.3 to fix (although my strut has already been replaced). Who knows.

Exactly the same on my Q1 MYLR. Tesla must be doing A/B testing.
Not sure if it's related but I believe the in car camera on the newer models is different from the earlier versions. It certainly looks different between our 2019 M3P and 2022 Model Y LR. Only the Y has 2022.20.5 (M3P is on 2022.16.3). When the 3 gets the update I will see if the release notes/features are different.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
As I’ve said, it’ll be down to if the car has IR with the camera or not. It looks like only the 22 MYs appears to have then. There’s a Wisely automotive video that shows it on their model Y
Oh that’s annoying so anything before that is hardware limited with respect to getting the feature (driver attentiveness) and not having to nudge the steering wheel every 5 seconds….