Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
22.16.3 arrived yesterday.

Other than a more visible charge/discharge line, what does it really add to the experience?
I don't have any of the self driving stuff so most of the updates don't interest me.

I don't think I'm the sort of owner Tesla thinks about....

Had a short drive to test out speed assist.
It’s not definitive by any means.
on the dual carriageway it sped up to 70 quicker.
turned off onto a B road. Map data still shows it as 60 but the limit changed to 50 last year. Car didn’t see the 50 sign at the junction at all.
there was 50 repeater about 200 yards up the road so I engaged AP at 60. It didn’t reach 60 but changed to 50 right at the repeater which is an improvement
came to the off limit sign speed changed about 50 yards after and the car sped up quickly
Still a bit hit and miss but perhaps a little better. Let down by out of date map data
…and yes I know, B roads aren’t for AP, but it’s my test track!

Had a short drive to test out speed assist.
It’s not definitive by any means.
on the dual carriageway it sped up to 70 quicker.
turned off onto a B road. Map data still shows it as 60 but the limit changed to 50 last year. Car didn’t see the 50 sign at the junction at all.
there was 50 repeater about 200 yards up the road so I engaged AP at 60. It didn’t reach 60 but changed to 50 right at the repeater which is an improvement
came to the off limit sign speed changed about 50 yards after and the car sped up quickly
Still a bit hit and miss but perhaps a little better. Let down by out of date map data
…and yes I know, B roads aren’t for AP, but it’s my test track!
I just went for a longer test for around 5 miles. It detects the speed more accurately however the lowering of max speed is a hit or miss. Looking at the tooltip for Speed Limit they use either the speed limit based on the sign or current speed but whichever is *greater*. In Britain it has to be whichever is lower so perhaps it could be a simple fix.

I don’t think any of us Brits are!
Navigate on Autopilot, part of EAP and FSD is a legitimate self-driving feature that drivers could rely on during long journey. Yesterday, for example, NoA was on for over 170 miles out of 200 miles and was a saver when there was congested traffic on M25 and M3. I recently test drove an EQC and found that every assist feature was separate OEM parts stitched together. Hence, you invoke lane keep assist and lane switching separately, and the process was quite fiddly.

The video I was talking about

Well that’s definitive. If you have a recent Y or presumably M3Ps coming over now, you’ll have get IR emitters and will have this feature. If not, you won’t.

Wonder what difference this will make down the line? At the moment it’s opt in, I think, but if it cuts down on AP steering nag significantly then it’s something I’d be pretty keen on I think.

I didn't really notice it affecting the steering nag.. I *might* have needed less weight on the wheel but that's just based on one journey.

I tried without touching the wheel for a bit and it still nagged me. OTOH I never noticed the nags on the old software (probably just got my technique right) so I'm not the best person to tell if it nags less.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt and Durzel
Updated to 2022.16.3 mid week and was then offered 2022.20.5 today.

Just updated and these are the release notes I have. I felt 16.3 had a lot issues with the visualisations, especially with the "draw distance" being incredibly near meaning cars would just pop up on the screen making it a lot more distracting. It also offered to do an auto parallel park while queuing at the traffic lights! I would go as far as saying 16.3 is the worst update I've received since owning the car in March. Yet to drive on 20.5 but hoping it fixes the aforementioned issues.

IMG_1012.JPG

Reactions: Brian G
Been out in ours on 2022.20.5 and can’t say I’m seeing any improvements. Speed limit thing seems no different and AP still doesn’t adopt the speeds even though it’s seen them. It also seemed more wobbly. Is this the first Tesla Vision release even if you have the radar?

What I have noticed is there are now POI on the map (like you see on normal Google maps) which I don’t recall seeing before, unless I’m getting forgetful(?) That was a plus point if it’s new, and the power bar is now easy to see

So far on 20.5 I have had the car make 2 completely incorrect interventions. Both were when leaving a slip road to enter an empty A road. It thought I was leaving the road and tried to step in. I've driven that same bit of road on previous software without ever having an issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?

So far on 20.5 I have had the car make 2 completely incorrect interventions. Both were when leaving a slip road to enter an empty A road. It thought I was leaving the road and tried to step in. I've driven that same bit of road on previous software without ever having an issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, pulled onto a slip road off the A47 and the car thought I was going off-road

Reactions: pault1981
Been out in ours on 2022.20.5 and can’t say I’m seeing any improvements. Speed limit thing seems no different and AP still doesn’t adopt the speeds even though it’s seen them. It also seemed more wobbly. Is this the first Tesla Vision release even if you have the radar?

What I have noticed is there are now POI on the map (like you see on normal Google maps), which I don’t recall seeing before, unless I’m getting forgetful(?) That was a plus point if it’s new, and the power bar is now easy to see
Many have reported good improvements, especially with variable speeds on motorways. It reads the sign but doesn't reduce the cruising speed automatically yet so the driver has to intervene. It also gets confused if the maps data is dictating an incorrect speed and if there are no repeater signs within a minute of driving.