Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.20 released today
the notes imply that traffic light stop go doesn’t need FSD anymore
That was the only thing EAP didn’t have
Whats the point of FSD now? Either it’s coming with a price increase or it’s a dead duck!
Maybe FSD will have the updates for the revised regulations that allow lane changes without driver intervention?

Online details so far.

Will have to go and have a look in the car and see if there are more detailed release notes.

2022.20 released today
Whats the point of FSD now? Either it’s coming with a price increase or it’s a dead duck!
No, the chime was a feature but also the ability to indicate ahead of the stop line that you want to continue so it doesn't come to a stop.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
2022.20 released today
Some percentage of users want to participate in FSD beta to help make the roads safer for everyone. All others could stay away from EAP and FSD.

It's not EU regulations. For the love of f***
People keep insisting this (in many forums, not just here), but I'm not sure that's true - nor why it winds people up so much. The situation is complicated, and I don't claim to completely understand it, but as far as I'm aware it *is* EU regulations.

AIUI, the EU enacted regulations putting the UNECE recommendations into EU law. The UK inherited those EU regulations as part of UK law following Brexit. Yes, the UK could choose to revoke those EU regulations with respect to UK law, but given the UK continues to be a party to UNECE it wouldn't make a lot of sense. for us to do so.

Am I wrong?

• Informative
Reactions: melduk and RNHurt
People keep insisting this (in many forums, not just here), but I'm not sure that's true - nor why it winds people up so much. The situation is complicated, and I don't claim to completely understand it, but as far as I'm aware it *is* EU regulations.

AIUI, the EU enacted regulations putting the UNECE recommendations into EU law. The UK inherited those EU regulations as part of UK law following Brexit. Yes, the UK could choose to revoke those EU regulations with respect to UK law, but given the UK continues to be a party to UNECE it wouldn't make a lot of sense. for us to do so.

Am I wrong?
UNECE != EU. As you say, the EU decided to adopt it, but there’s clearly as lot more to UNECE than driving automation. It’s a sensible position to take.

BTW, it's worth noting that UNECE is not standing still. Yes, it's annoying that these things take time, but UNECE is working on regulations for DCAS (dynamic control assistance systems) - a DCAS being a special type of ADAS system that can do things like FSD Beta. We will get there - but we will probably have to wait until late next year.

EDIT: If you want to see which way things are heading, take a look at https://wiki.unece.org/display/trans/ADAS+-+13th+session

The Master Document there will give you an insight into what this regulation might look like (in very early draft form). Also look at the file called GRVA-13-45e for a presentation including anticipated timelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone and pdk42

Am I wrong?
The UK has been a member of UN/ECE since 29th March 1947 and we adopted vehicle regulations in the 1950s. We have contributed plenty to the vehicle regulations over the years. Unlike EU Directives we retain every opportunity to propose new regulations and change existing regulations, and the DoT have been clear that we will do just that.

These are a pretty good set of regulations, they have increased the safety of motor vehicle dramatically over the years, and made it practical for motor manufacturers to easily trade the same vehicles across lots of geographies.

The last thing we should want is a US style system where pretty much anyone can do anything, end result is far more road deaths per population, nearly twice the UK deaths in many US States.

Reactions: unk45
@GRiLLA Not disagreeing with anything you wrote. Just pointing out the the current UK legal implementation of UNECE is inherited from EU regulations. I don't know why people get so upset by this fact. EDIT: In fact, all aspects of UK type approval are currently inherited from EU law, because our own type approval system isn't up and running yet AFAIK. It will be, soon, and then the legal situation may start to depart from the EU (although the UK government has made it clear that they intend to continue to be part of the UNECE).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: unk45 and MrT3
@GRiLLA Not disagreeing with anything you wrote. Just pointing out the the current UK legal implementation of UNECE is inherited from EU regulations. I don't know why people get so upset by this fact.
If you took that copy/paste law away then the 1986 Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Act would still bind our regulations to UN/ECE.

We are willingly using this sensible set of international regulations, before, during and after our membership of the EU, so it does seem stupid to be calling them EU Regulations. We can, and always could do whatever we liked, but chose to do this.