Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you took that copy/paste law away then the 1986 Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Act would still bind our regulations to UN/ECE.

We are willingly using this sensible set of international regulations, before, during and after our membership of the EU, so it does seem stupid to be calling them EU Regulations. We can, and always could do whatever we liked, but chose to do this.
Ok, fair enough. I have no doubt that we would be following UNECE, with or without the EU. I just don't get why people get so wound up about the EU connection - particularly since we are essentially still relying on (for now) EU type approval.

If you want to manufacture and sell goods into the domestic market you can make then to domestic standards. If you want to do the same into another foreign market you have to make them to their standards.

It is seldom economic to make two very different products and imposes extra costs to your sales. In a simple case of a car that is LHD you might be able to buy one made in Berlin which they sell to the wider European market (not just the EU), but if you want the RHD version it could be shipped from Shanghai as that is where they cater for RHD markets like Japan, Australia etc. Can't put my finger on any particular car maker but you can get the picture ;)

If the UK govt decides it will adopt an identical standard as the nearest major trading block where the bulk of UK exports go then that is probably economically sensible.

Reactions: NewbieT and pow216
Back on topic...

This version restores the arrival SoC amount to the top section of the navigation details.

I’m looking forward to this. It’s been tedious bringing up the full route directions then scrolling all the way down to the bottom to see the end %. Then scroll all the way back up to tap to directions. I‘ve been bringing up the energy/trip chart to view end % as this has been quicker, but I’d prefer for this information to just be visible on the main screen.

The point I made in starting this thread, is how startlingly little FSD now offers above EAP other than an unsubstantiated hint of what may be possible in the future.
The stop start at traffic lights in FSD is virtually a nonsense, given that there are no traffic lights on motorways and generally sparse on dual carriageways, certainly in Norfolk. Even then, it’s only usable if you are going straight across. NoA won’t make a turn.
It seems to me that value of FSD, if it has any, has been whittled away to a ’promise’. The work that is required to bring a useable beta to the U.K. is immense. There is some parity with U.S. driving but there also a lot of disparity!
I’m just thankful I don’t live in Mumbai. They’ll never see it 😂
There are plenty of other software improvements that U.K. Tesla drivers need ahead of FSD. Speed limiter for one!

The point I made in starting this thread, is how startlingly little FSD now offers above EAP other than an unsubstantiated hint of what may be possible in the future.
The stop start at traffic lights in FSD is virtually a nonsense, given that there are no traffic lights on motorways and generally sparse on dual carriageways, certainly in Norfolk. Even then, it’s only usable if you are going straight across. NoA won’t make a turn.
It seems to me that value of FSD, if it has any, has been whittled away to a ’promise’. The work that is required to bring a useable beta to the U.K. is immense. There is some parity with U.S. driving but there also a lot of disparity!
There are plenty of other software improvements that U.K. Tesla drivers need ahead of FSD. Speed limiter for one!
As it stands, with the changes to features in EAP vs FSD, I don’t see any value whatsoever to FSD in the UK/EU. I’m hoping we might start seeing some hands off AP on motorways in the coming year, however even that will probably be included in the standard AP.

You're essentially right.

I forgot that "Chime on green" was even an EAP/FSD only feature (maybe only an FSD one?), it's so inconsequential to me.

"Traffic Light Stop and Go" is still all that FSD has to differentiate itself, at least in Europe. That "feature" is definitely not worth twice the price of EAP, especially since technically AP is not recommended for use outside of dual carriageways and motorways anyway, where traffic lights aren't exactly commonplace.

When my car is on AP and it says "Stopping for traffic light control in X metres" it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that that popup cost me ~£3,400. Sorry, not warm and fuzzy, I meant cold and abrasive.

At this point - 2 and a bit years on from me buying my M3P - I'm prepared to accept that I was duped. Had I put that £5,800 into TSLA stock, or basically anything, it would've paid dividends. Instead its tied to my car which I will likely change before I actually realise any benefit from it.

Not that I'm jaded or anything.

You're essentially right.

I forgot that "Chime on green" was even an EAP/FSD only feature (maybe only an FSD one?), it's so inconsequential to me.

"Traffic Light Stop and Go" is still all that FSD has to differentiate itself, at least in Europe. That "feature" is definitely not worth twice the price of EAP, especially since technically AP is not recommended for use outside of dual carriageways and motorways anyway, where traffic lights aren't exactly commonplace.

When my car is on AP and it says "Stopping for traffic light control in X metres" it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that that popup cost me ~£3,400. Sorry, not warm and fuzzy, I meant cold and abrasive.

At this point - 2 and a bit years on from me buying my M3P - I'm prepared to accept that I was duped. Had I put that £5,800 into TSLA stock, or basically anything, it would've paid dividends. Instead its tied to my car which I will likely change before I actually realise any benefit from it.

Not that I'm jaded or anything.
I turned off the “Traffic light stop and go” feature, as it was doing my nut in. It would go nuts going through junctions with multiple serts of traffic lights. It would also affect ACC, not just AP, which was an absolute nuisance. So my FSD is currently providing zero value! We’ve only had the car for just over a year and intend to keep it for quite a few years, but I have to admit if I’d got it on a 3 year lease I’d be feeling pretty hard done by.

Reactions: RNHurt and Durzel
I turned off the “Traffic light stop and go” feature, as it was doing my nut in. It would go nuts going through junctions with multiple serts of traffic lights. It would also affect ACC, not just AP, which was an absolute nuisance. So my FSD is currently providing zero value! We’ve only had the car for just over a year and intend to keep it for quite a few years, but I have to admit if I’d got it on a 3 year lease I’d be feeling pretty hard done by.
I agree. Not too fussed about traffic lights, there aren’t places round here to give grief.
I don’t mind that a lot of features filter down to EAP or basic cars. But, when the time comes and my car needs better hardware for FSD to actually work, I‘ve paid up front and I don’t expect to lay out a single penny more for HW4 or 5 or higher res cameras. If it can’t work as intimated at the point of sale, bring on class action!

I agree. Not too fussed about traffic lights, there aren’t places round here to give grief.
I don’t mind that a lot of features filter down to EAP or basic cars. But, when the time comes and my car needs better hardware for FSD to actually work, I‘ve paid up front and I don’t expect to lay out a single penny more for HW4 or 5 or higher res cameras. If it can’t work as intimated at the point of sale, bring on class action!
I must admit, the longer that time goes on, the more I think Tesla is going to end up paying a pretty penny to quite a few owners. I’d rather not, as it won’t help my Tesla holdings, but they’ve asked people to cough up for a feature that some people will never see. I can see mandated refunds with interest.

Reactions: Dilly
When I received my M3 (Nov 2019) if I had invested £5,800 in TSLA, it would've been worth £105,000 in Nov 2021. I'd be happy without any dividends.
I bought FSD (in the US) with the car so I could finance everything ($6k for FSD at the time) at a 2.5% rate in 2019. Then I put the cash that I would have normally used to pay a large downpayment into TSLA... in 2019 :).

I now have FSD Beta (thankfully it works in the US), made a 80% return (in today's price) on the FSD financed amount, and still enjoy all the features. Basically used margin with the possible margin call... unless I miss some car payments!

Reactions: RNHurt